Advice for playing Splinter Cell

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010
  1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Played through DQIX fully twice, and with the summer drought, it's back to basics. Yeah, I know...Chaos Theory is kind of a dog among DS games, but hey, I'm bored. I've actually attempted to play this game about three times before, but gave up in the first mission. I dig stealth action, but the camera is just so hard to get used to. I'm not sure if it's because I'm left-handed, but I'm having quite a bit of trouble in some areas. Perhaps the most difficult thing is when you have to follow a guard while he's patrolling. Since you have to hold the L button to move silently, it's really hard to also move the camera at the same time that you're moving Sam (with the D-pad). Any tips from folks who have played through the game?

Thanks

2. TheViolentOne

Member TheViolentOne GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    wait! What? are you talking about a ds game? and its stealth action and its tom clancy and I dont know? whaaaat? is this true?

3. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Yeah, man. This is a pretty old DS game at this point. I usually go back to the oldies during the summer droughts.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The DS version is just broken, it was made for N-Gage and then lazily ported. Its not bad on N-Gage actually but still nothing amazing.

Think its being "remade" for 3DS, though this time it might not be Gameloft doing it.

5. TheViolentOne

Member TheViolentOne GBAtemp Regular

Turkey
    ok awesome ! can you guys give me the name of the game please [​IMG]

edit: sorry now I remember the name xD

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory?

[​IMG]

7. dysan

Member dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    hmmm..I didn't have any problems with the game...pretty nice too if I might add!
    I remember buying it along with ridge racer in a bundle for 20 euros...best goddamn move ever made

would have finished the game but I got stuck in a stage and didn't know where to go.

8. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    DON'T GET CAUGHT!

It's a stealth based game. Ammo is scarce and should only be used in an emergency.

9. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Guess you didn't read my original post thoroughly. I was looking for advice about the controls, not how to approach stealth action. But thanks.