Hacking Advantages to using a9lh?

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it is the backup of your 6.0 sysnand backup. You can also restore your 11.0 emunand after you installs A9LH, so you won't lose everything you have so far. The emunand backup and restore section is in part 3 of the guide.

Thank you. I am doing it now with fingers crossed. Wish me good luck. I'll be back again to say if I succeeded or if I need to buy new console. xD

Reactions: Akira

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, just reply back here if you have more question. We'll be happy to help.
Good luck. :)

Hi, I am almost done.

Question again.
I restored my EmuNAND as SysNAND. But my hs on emunand was already BigBlueMenu. What should i do? I am now on Section V - Injecting FBI

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am almost done.

Question again.
I restored my EmuNAND as SysNAND. But my hs on emunand was already BigBlueMenu. What should i do? I am now on Section V - Injecting FBI
You can just inject fbi to replace your BBM, that's if you want to use FBI.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in your opinion or based on your daily use, which is better?
and how to know if I am already on LumaCFW?
I am using FBI since there is a QR Code install.
For the second question, you can try and check if there is "arm9loaderhax.bin" and a "luma" folder on the root of your sd card. Alternatively, you can try to press "Select" before booting, and if a Luma Configuration pops up, then you are using luma. That's what I do anyways kek

Reactions: Khim09

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using FBI since there is a QR Code install.
For the second question, you can try and check if there is "arm9loaderhax.bin" and a "luma" folder on the root of your sd card. Alternatively, you can try to press "Select" before booting, and if a Luma Configuration pops up, then you are using luma. That's what I do anyways kek

Thankyou, then I'll switch to FBI.
Yes Luma Configuration pops up when the guide tells me to check mark some stuffs. So I'm good? Am I already on LumaCFW ?

Can I restore my NANDmin.bin to restore my OFW and continue using my EmuNAND (just in case I need new nnid and create new emunand), or is there an option to boot to my current EmuNAND?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankyou, then I'll switch to FBI.
Yes Luma Configuration pops up when the guide tells me to check mark some stuffs. So I'm good? Am I already on LumaCFW ?

Can I restore my NANDmin.bin to restore my OFW and continue using my EmuNAND (just in case I need new nnid and create new emunand), or is there an option to boot to my current EmuNAND?
Yes, you are. You can do that, but the main reason you dump the NANDmin.bin is if you, by chance, accidentally brick your device. There is an option to use Emunand but im not really well informed on how to do that.

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you are. You can do that, but the main reason you dump the NANDmin.bin is if you, by chance, accidentally brick your device. There is an option to use Emunand but im not really well informed on how to do that.

I see, I already uploaded my NANDmin.bin and the .bin.sha to multiple online file storage just in case lol.

I am done with a9lh, I am so happy I did it only just by myself :') Goodbye RXTools :'( Hello a9lh ^_^

I checked settings and I see "Sys 11.0.0-33U" is it safe to update SysNAND? Can I revert back to 11.0 if by chance Im having online problem on 11.1? Because on my EmuNAND I'm having online gaming problem on 11.1 so I switched back to 11.0.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, I already uploaded my NANDmin.bin and the .bin.sha to multiple online file storage just in case lol.

I am done with a9lh, I am so happy I did it only just by myself :') Goodbye RXTools :'( Hello a9lh ^_^

I checked settings and I see "Sys 11.0.0-33U" is it safe to update SysNAND? Can I revert back to 11.0 if by chance Im having online problem on 11.1? Because on my EmuNAND I'm having online gaming problem on 11.1 so I switched back to 11.0.
It's safe to update sysnand. I just did, and a friend last night and nothing breaks. Welcome to a9lh :)

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
It's all been covered already, but basically on a technical level Arm9loader is much better in every way.

Essentially it boots homebrew at one of the earliest boot sectors (I think there's only one before it). Most of the time this is the CFW, which means basically much faster boot time and 100% boot success.

Where it truly shines though is that other homebrew has been made to load at this boot level, including but not limited to nand backup apps, which allows you to downgrade, backup and restore basically risk free. This allows you to safely use the sysnand for homebrew now, making speeds even faster. Emunand is pretty much not needed (Though I personally keep a minimized 9.2 one just in case)

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
It's safe to update sysnand. I just did, and a friend last night and nothing breaks. Welcome to a9lh :)

Thank you. I can't wait to tell my friends about this a9lh I hated before because of tedious steps. But now I am loving it. Yeey!!
So I should try updating and play online, if still my online gaming problem persist, I can easily revert back by restoring my NAND_emu.bin I backed up earlier right? ^_^

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I can't wait to tell my friends about this a9lh I hated before because of tedious steps. But now I am loving it. Yeey!!
So I should try updating and play online, if still my online gaming problem persist, I can easily revert back by restoring my NAND_emu.bin I backed up earlier right? ^_^
No need to revert back, just let us know if it still persists then we will help you.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You restore nand copies via Hourglass or Decrypt9 on boot. If you followed the guide you will have HG as a payload on boot already by holding (Start)

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
No need to revert back, just let us know if it still persists then we will help you.
Oh thank you so much.

But if I still insist to revert back, I can just restore the NAND_emu.bin, yeah?

You restore nand copies via Hourglass or Decrypt9 on boot. If you followed the guide you will have HG as a payload on boot already by holding (Start)

I see thankyou, and btw how to boot to Decypt9?

Last edited by Khim09,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

D9 is optional and HG is basically a stripped down version with basic options. If you want D9, copy the payload from the zip file into the luma payloads folder and rename it to down_Decrypt9WIP.bin for example or whatever shortcut trigger you want.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thank you so much.

But if I still insist to revert back, I can just restore the NAND_emu.bin, yeah?

You can revert back yes, but there's no need since I can assure you online is working on 11.1.0-34 since I already tested it. Something might just off on your files or something if it happens.

For your second question, you can just use HourGlass9 by pressing start on boot but, if you want Decrypt9, just get the Decrypt9WIP.bin(the arm9 payload) from D9's latest release, put it in luma/payloads folder of your sd card, and rename it/just add "a_"(without quotes) on the file(it will look like this "a_Decrypt9WIP.bin". You can load it by pressing "A" on boot.

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
D9 is optional and HG is basically a stripped down version with basic options. If you want D9, copy the payload from the zip file into the luma payloads folder and rename it to down_Decrypt9WIP.bin for example or whatever shortcut trigger you want.

You can revert back yes, but there's no need since I can assure you online is working on 11.1.0-34 since I already tested it. Something might just off on your files or something if it happens.

For your second question, you can just use HourGlass9 by pressing start on boot but, if you want Decrypt9, just get the Decrypt9WIP.bin(the arm9 payload) from D9's latest release, put it in luma/payloads folder of your sd card, and rename it/just add "a_"(without quotes) on the file(it will look like this "a_Decrypt9WIP.bin". You can load it by pressing "A" on boot.

Thanks so much guys. I learned so much from you today. Well I think I'll use HG since I think is the safest to use because of the (keep a9lh). Thanks guys, I'll see you again tomorrow. :* :*

Edit: I tried online and the problem is gone, maybe it's RXTools issue. Thanks again a9lh guys for guiding me. :yaynds:

Last edited by Khim09,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol