Hacking Advantage of Softmii?

KeeWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one not getting the "big whoop" over cioscorp/softmii?
Patching all your IOS for just to get disc channel loading? It seems very intrusive and unnececery, the CIOS249 is a good solution until patching on the fly is ready.
Are there any other advantages to softmii except disc channel loading?
(some might say compability with games that require other IOS than 36, but that can be achived with patching the needed IOS and installing that next to the ios249)

KeeWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
custom system menu.

And the advantage of that is?
rolleyes.gif

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will be nice to run the games at 6x and not have to burn dvds to back up, but softmii has really made a huge difference in my life and don't know if i can let it go so easily!

ADVANTAGE: My kids can use the wii with backups without messing with Gamma settings! i
wub.gif
it!

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we are already in this conversation...when you mean customize you don't mean only the health screen, your talking about the Wii Menu and stuff like that right? So there's going to be customizable home screens, instead of that boring plain screen?

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No advantage.
Only an intrusive method to run your backup.

Custom Healthwarning?
Custom "Press A" Button?
Useless.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:
it will be nice to run the games at 6x and not have to burn dvds to back up, but softmii has really made a huge difference in my life and don't know if i can let it go so easily!

ADVANTAGE: My kids can use the wii with backups without messing with Gamma settings! i
wub.gif
it!

i'm using gamma myself and i'm only changing that when something comes out to read bakups at 6x
still it's nice to see all that these guys can do with the wii, makes me think that just maybe it's not that far...

ps: is fors MIA?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeeWii said:
Won't that be replaced anyways when bootMii is out and an "OS" is created for the Wii?

BootMii won't help anyone who loads back ups. Its ganna make all homebrew apps that aren't made fro HBC moot. Anything that runs on cIOS, moot. and its ganna just be a leaving hell to have.

Preloader is the pirate's bootmii.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
KeeWii said:
Won't that be replaced anyways when bootMii is out and an "OS" is created for the Wii?

BootMii won't help anyone who loads back ups. Its ganna make all homebrew apps that aren't made fro HBC moot. Anything that runs on cIOS, moot. and its ganna just be a leaving hell to have.

No. Wrong.

It won't make a difference. It doesn't eliminate IOS. It makes it so we don't have to use IOS.

Preloader is a system menu mod and BootMii is a boot2 mod. MUCH different.

BootMii is far better for recovery. And Preloader can't allow you to run Starlet code on boot.

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
SoftMii is not a program, it is not a installer, it is only a guide and some included things.

Stop calling everything SoftMii.
thanks for pointing that out, i've been away from the forums for a while and all these new threads talking about softmii and im like wtf is softmii?! just cioscorp/preloader given a fancy name huh?

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
KeeWii said:

People who use Preloader are pirates and people who use bootmii are less pirate? Preloader still requires use of a DVD to burn you backup where as Bootmii skips the burning process and uses the Iso from the PC via USB. Not sure if i want to become a fake pirate using bootmii, might as well stay fullbown arrggggg!!

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:
Phratt said:
KeeWii said:

People who use Preloader are pirates and people who use bootmii are less pirate? Preloader still requires use of a DVD to burn you backup where as Bootmii skips the burning process and uses the Iso from the PC via USB. Not sure if i want to become a fake pirate using bootmii, might as well stay fullbown arrggggg!!

You;re confusing bootmii with flatmii
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1