Emulation Advance Wars SRAM patch?

DamienI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need to patch Advance Wars so that I can use it via a ezflash V, however when I use GBA Tools Advance to patch it to an SRAM save type the rom fails to load. Is there any way I can patch the game?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tested Advance Wars (v1.0), Advance Wars (v1.1), and Advance Wars 2, and they all loaded after being SRAM patched with GBATA.

If you trimmed the rom, try it without trimming.

If you're trying to play the double pack with Advance Wars 1 and 2, try the individual games.

DamienI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply. maybe it is just a problem with VBA, as I was using it to test whether the roms were working. hopefully it will work with the 3 in 1.
cheers

nolanjurgens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue with patching Advance Wars with GBATA. VBA wouldn't play it and it would play, but not save on the EZFlash V 3-in-1. However, when I used the EZ4 client to do the SRAM patch it worked fine on both VBA and the 3-in-1.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please don't bump 8 month old threads.

The SRAM patching situation has changed a great deal since this topic was started. Nearly all of the current 3-in-1 loaders (including the new EZ-V beta, the latest CycloDS Evolution beta, GBA ExpLoader and (I think) Acekard AKAIO) handle SRAM patching automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s