Hacking Adrenaline popsloader psx games?

Skaidus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi. Want to play popsloader games like spyro the dragon pal, tales of phantasia or looney tunes lit.

Is there any way? Thanks!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It shouldn't work, as the Vita's PSP mode (or even a PSP Go) isn't accurate enough to the PSPs Popsloader (and the individual PS1 emulators) were designed for

If your only goal is audio streaming, you can use the cdda_enabler plugin instead

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(tales of phantasia - already works try the gemini translation) - (anything 3D on psx, really didn't hold up well, except for some rpgs and stuff like Colony Wars, MGS VR, I don't care for Spyro but, you can try some cheats since "CW Cheat" works, just a thought, but your not missing out on much)

Skaidus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(tales of phantasia - already works try the gemini translation) - (anything 3D on psx, really didn't hold up well, except for some rpgs and stuff like Colony Wars, MGS VR, I don't care for Spyro but, you can try some cheats since "CW Cheat" works, just a thought, but your not missing out on much)
Can you link the translation that works? I have tried a lot and dont or freezes too much

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link the translation that works? I have tried a lot and dont or freezes too much

1. https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1214/
2. psx2psp, classic mode, no patches from psx2psp on a english/gemini 1.0 patched rom

The game boots up fine and I've hadn't had any crashes with it, I also haven't played much beyond the first town.

Any game dump from a good source will do .................. if you have a save I can just plug into the save folder with adrenaline to see if it crashes or not, testing your rip of the game .................. but, that patch is good, there's been some reports of this patch crashing on the last boss or something, but not by everyone, or maybe it was another patch since there's about three of them, don't remember which one that applied too.

After you get a good rip of the game, (1),burn it to cd, or mount it, and then make a .cue/.bin image file with "ultraiso" ... ... ... ... you can also try to make the image with "clonecd" .sub/.ccd/.img and then delete the ".sub" file and then mount or burn the image and make a .cue/.bin image with "ultraiso".

(everyone knows the "plextor" pc drives were infamous for making good subchannel dumps of psx games, but that was also a myth any pc drive and modify the sub channel data, you just have to try a few different programs before burning the image ................. you don't need to use "cdmage" that was also a myth", anyway, I haven't played that far in the game, but I haven't experienced any crashes or anything) (the ps2 hardware/console was good for testing the subchannel, after modding the unit, for the games that would only boot properly based on the subchannel data) (that was the workaround for not having a developer kit or anything, a poor's man fix for the psx rips, long before, those library dumps with subchannel data included, you can play with, etc.)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Skaidus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1. https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1214/
2. psx2psp, classic mode, no patches from psx2psp on a english/gemini 1.0 patched rom

The game boots up fine and I've hadn't had any crashes with it, I also haven't played much beyond the first town.

Any game dump from a good source will do .................. if you have a save I can just plug into the save folder with adrenaline to see if it crashes or not, testing your rip of the game .................. but, that patch is good, there's been some reports of this patch crashing on the last boss or something, but not by everyone, or maybe it was another patch since there's about three of them, don't remember which one that applied too.

After you get a good rip of the game, (1),burn it to cd, or mount it, and then make a .cue/.bin image file with "ultraiso" ... ... ... ... you can also try to make the image with "clonecd" .sub/.ccd/.img and then delete the ".sub" file and then mount or burn the image and make a .cue/.bin image with "ultraiso".

(everyone knows the "plextor" pc drives were infamous for making good subchannel dumps of psx games, but that was also a myth any pc drive and modify the sub channel data, you just have to try a few different programs before burning the image ................. you don't need to use "cdmage" that was also a myth", anyway, I haven't played that far in the game, but I haven't experienced any crashes or anything) (the ps2 hardware/console was good for testing the subchannel, after modding the unit, for the games that would only boot properly based on the subchannel data) (that was the workaround for not having a developer kit or anything, a poor's man fix for the psx rips, long before, those library dumps with subchannel data included, you can play with, etc.)
Thanks for the rom. Ill try it.

What is the last paragraph? Burning the cd? Why would I do that?

Cannot play the eboot just like it is?

Edit: oh, its only the patch. You know, the eboot without patch of a japanese rom does not work. I am giving up

Last edited by Skaidus,

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of Destiny Gemini 1.0/Eboot.bin and KEYS.BIN

Game Folder Name, plus those two files (KEYS.BIN is only needed on some versions of pops, i just throw it in there anyway),

ps1 games go in ux0/pspemu/PSP/GAME .... a folder for the game's name with eboot.bin and keys.bin ....... psp goes in the ISO folder, ux0/pspemu/ISO .... "gamename.cso"

I'm sure you know all that already.

The games executable files on the adrenaline can still read subchannel data.................before you use psx2psp to build the eboot file, you'll have to obtain an image of the game, but the reason you may want to burn it is to change some of the value in the subchannel data or mount it, before making the .cue/bin image (s) ................... it can help, for this Tales of Phantasia, i think i just nabbed a rip from a good source, nothing special, then ran it through ultraiso after mounting it or something. (Final Fantasy 7/8/9 hard mod patches work, saga frontier 2 works used a protection fix patch may not be needed, skull monkeys requires a patch but does work afterwards ........ Legend of Dragoon Encounter Fix patch works, and Xenogears Hard Mod Works, and Saga Frontier 1 with "Monster Ability Seal Equip patch and Alk's Stat Learn" patches applied.

Skaidus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tales of Destiny Gemini 1.0/Eboot.bin and KEYS.BIN

Game Folder Name, plus those two files (KEYS.BIN is only needed on some versions of pops, i just throw it in there anyway),

ps1 games go in ux0/pspemu/PSP/GAME .... a folder for the game's name with eboot.bin and keys.bin ....... psp goes in the ISO folder, ux0/pspemu/ISO .... "gamename.cso"

I'm sure you know all that already.

The games executable files on the adrenaline can still read subchannel data.................before you use psx2psp to build the eboot file, you'll have to obtain an image of the game, but the reason you may want to burn it is to change some of the value in the subchannel data or mount it, before making the .cue/bin image (s) ................... it can help, for this Tales of Destiny, i think i just nabbed a rip from a good source, nothing special. (Final Fantasy 7/8/9 hard mod patches work, saga frontier 2 works used a protection fix patch may not be needed, skull monkeys requires a patch but does work afterwards ........ Legend of Dragoon Encounter Fix patch works, and Xenogears Hard Mod Works, and Saga Frontier 1 with "Monster Ability Seal Equip patch and Alk's Stat Learn" patches applied.
And what I have to change from the iso? I get it from the net. I dont have a disc.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably Nothing, I played the game for a few hours in the first town and forest, and noticed no crashes or problem ................... there's probably even some bad rips still floating around on the net, so you'll just need a good source to patch, so plenty of good sources too.

(Spyro was even working with nothing special done to it I think, but, right now all of my favorites from ps1, so I left everything else alone on there, because lots of games that did not hold up well over time)

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you can see, the archive size for the game, so actually the game is really twice as big, but normally if you find a good dump it should be standard size and it will work no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT

and those were all bad dumps, with the expanded sizes, but some similar method of expansion was used on the nds/gba roms, in how they expanded the partition tables into blank spaces, just like those earthbound patches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo