Hacking Additional SD Card with Sky3DS+

fndrx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

I got a Sky3DS+ module in my New Nintendo 3DS . Everything works fine, and I got a private header recently for online play. However I encounter a problem with Monster Hunter Generations. I cannot save my progress, because the game tells me that " there is no SD card ". Other games give me a smiliar message, yet I can still save my progress on other games ; monster hunter does NOT save my progress. So I tried around a little bit , and it actually works when I insert another SD card to the original Nintendo 3DS slot , so I end up having one SD in the sky3ds+ module and one SD in the slot from the nintendo 3ds. This way I can save my progress, but is it a good solution ? I am asking because I am feared that I get banned or something due to second SD card, I am noob though :D

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
No that is normal behaviour - some games just need to use the sdcard. It's more for things other than just save data --- themes, screenshots etc. would all get installed there; as well as game updates for example.

fndrx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So its no problem to keep the original SD card in the 3DS slot and put a bigger one in the sky3ds+ in regards of online playing and getting banned ?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
No issues with that. That's what the 3DS slot is for; and the 3DS just sees the Sky3DS as if it's a normal cartridge.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure this is clear:
Nothing can see or use the sky3ds sd. The sky only makes visible the data on the rom image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou