adding more than 1 NES game to a channel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zidane_genome, Feb 25, 2009.

Feb 25, 2009
  1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Is there a way to put several NES games in a channel? I'm working on a project, an was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible.

Ultimately, I'd like to have a menu, and as your selecting a game (from a list), there's a sound playing in the background, and as you scroll through the games, the music changes.

I know, it's really out there, but does anyone know of a way to do this?

2. dmonkey21

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I assume you mean like with WAD's from the wii store, and I assume it's possible but I think you'll have to make some complicated program to do it lol. Maybe install the wads of games as hidden channels (I don't really know anything about hidden channels except like DVDX lol), and then maybe you could set it up so that theres a menu for browsing them?

If you mean with an emulator then this is obviously already possible if you just make a channel out of an NES emulator lol.

IMO, I don't really see the use for something like this, but if it's something you'd like to do by all means have the best of luck [​IMG]

3. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I meant like add the NES roms to an emulator, but set up a nicer menu for it...

4. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    u could cheat, modify FCE ultra: redesign its menu (play a sound on each direction press) etc, then path it to only look for roms youve cunningly hidden in the Wii's flash memory or something.

[​IMG]

5. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I once read about a new emulator with a really neat interface at......don't remember the forums [​IMG] .....where was first posted the WiiGator's launcher beta0.1..??

6. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You would have to write a custom emulator for use in the wadd file. The emulator would be like that of nintendo's in that it would read the rom from the wad file as well the difference being that it would have a menu and read more than one rom. Have fun with that. lol

7. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    .wad files can't be readed, or better sayed, it'll be such a waste of resources doing it with wads, better using roms and the custom NES and SNES emulators, seriously which forums where those, I only remember brakken is the MOD or ADMIN of those forums, but don't remember the name...!!! [​IMG]