Hacking Add the best guide for Freeshop with SX OS 1.4

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
With the new Sx OS update of xecuter 1.4 , we can install .NSP , DLC and updates !
But wich would it be the easier configuration of apps and tools that we can have for the Switch ?
i Though that with freeshop installed on the switch was pretty much it , but then i read that you can send and erase games without removing th microsd card .
So wich are the best apps for common people to have install .
Please leave your comment and links for save updates , ftp tool , pretty much everything you think is usefull and easy to use ,, thanks :-) !!!

ho ,, and i have a first question , is the freeshop app installed on the switch updates their games and dlc every time i got online , or do you have to replace files with the updated content ?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
My suggestion is not to use freeshop or any other examples at all, if your going to install .nsp files then download it with cdnsp gui and install it via TX's installer with wifi off! You will 100% get banned using freeshop and installing titles direct to your Switch that way, if you have any thoughts or feelings of keeping your Switch online and not banned then don't use freeshop or any other example your basically using E-Shop without paying and that's how Nintendo will see it from there end! the other method is a bit more stealth! your not actually downloading & installing titles direct from Nintendo's servers on to your Switch, your only installing your .nsp from your sd card offline, it's a lot different.

Yesterday I was looking at a youtube video on how to use NXShop, another source of freeshop same thing basically and the amount of replies that said they had been banned even after installing one title was overwhelming! some had even quoted they had been banned for just opening the app booting it up and shutting back down again to the home menu! it was crazy.

Last edited by Reecey,

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My suggestion is not to use freeshop or any other examples at all, if your going to install .nsp files then download it with cdnsp gui and install it via TX's installer with wifi off! You will 100% get banned using freeshop and installing titles direct to your Switch that way, if you have any thoughts or feelings of keeping your Switch online and not banned then don't use freeshop or any other example your basically using E-Shop without paying and that's how Nintendo will see it from there end! the other method is a bit more stealth! your not actually downloading & installing titles direct from Nintendo's servers on to your Switch, your only installing your .nsp from your sd card offline, it's a lot different.

Yesterday I was looking at a youtube video on how to use NXShop, another source of freeshop same thing basically and the amount of replies that said they had been banned even after installing one title was overwhelming! some had even quoted they had been banned for just opening the app booting it up and shutting back down again to the home menu! it was crazy.
oops !! i forgot about the bans , thats because i have been ban already i realize 3 days ago :-) , but i dont mind i dont like online playing and i wouldnt pay for nintendo online .
But i gues there could be 2 threads , for the players that woudnt mind beeing ban and for the players that do !
Lucky me im already ban i dont have to worry about that anymore :-)

mranonymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for this post, it’s really helpful! Answered a lot of my questions.

However, I’m still wondering one thing. Using the cdnsp method, do you think I would get banned if I turned WiFi on for just a few minutes whenever I wanted to transfer a game to my SD card using my network? Or is it advisable to just remove the SD card whenever I want to put a new NSP on it?

Thanks again

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does CDNSP still work? I'm using NXShop until I get banned but DLC is not working with NXShop at the moment. Is there an up to date guide on setting up CDNSP? I see conflicting information.

Reactions: mranonymous

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cdnsp does still work. You’ll need bobv3.5. It’s got a new cert.
Just used it last night.

I have Python 3, a keys.txt file, a comma delimited titleID file. Anything else I need? Search GitHub for bobv3.5 or what? Will the GitHub with bobv3.5 have everything I need or will I need to clone a seperated CDNSP or other GitHub?

Usually I search for answers on my own but this shit is so confusing.

Reactions: matias3ds

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Afaik cdnsp needs your console specific cert. So you have just as much chance of being banned as using freeshop.

Just stay away from nintendo's servers period for now. Download the shit from "that site" and "that other site" instead, far away from Reggie's prying eyes.

Reactions: digipimp75

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Afaik cdnsp needs your console specific cert. So you have just as much chance of being banned as using freeshop.

Just stay away from nintendo's servers period for now. Download the shit from "that site" and "that other site" instead, far away from Reggie's prying eyes.
This.
And right now, i'm NOT even touching NSP, only XCI, and i'm not banned. Yet..

Last edited by Absintu, , Reason: NOT

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cdnsp use a public cert. Only freeShop uses your own console cert. So don't use it!
Really because in the release post it says otherwise...

To get started, you need:
  • hactool, and its keys
  • A console-unique certificate, in PEM format (I have included a PFX to PEM converter script, simply drag your PFX over it)
  • The ShopN certificate, in PEM format (this one is included in the zip)
  • Edit your config in the CDNSPconfig.json

I used layeredFS / DevMenu / 2 times FreeShop and I downloaded several times updates via OFW and still not banned :)
It comes in waves...

Surfs up!

And don't forget to bring a towel.
(Towelie)

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Zytos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really because in the release post it says otherwise...

To get started, you need:
  • hactool, and its keys
  • A console-unique certificate, in PEM format (I have included a PFX to PEM converter script, simply drag your PFX over it)
  • The ShopN certificate, in PEM format (this one is included in the zip)
  • Edit your config in the CDNSPconfig.json

It comes in waves...

Surfs up!

And don't forget to bring a towel.
(Towelie)

How could the cert possibly be console-unique, if CDNSP runs--and all download activities--are confined entirely to your PC?

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How could the cert possibly be console-unique, if CDNSP runs--and all download activities--are confined entirely to your PC?
You seem to be confused.
You need to extract the console cert (every console is unique) from your NAND. Whether you are using a switch or pc, the Nintendo CDN requires this.
Think of it as a password for their servers.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem to be confused.
You need to extract the console cert (every console is unique) from your NAND. Whether you are using a switch or pc, the Nintendo CDN requires this.
Think of it as a password for their servers.
There's CDNSP with a public cert, doesn't use your consoles cert.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw