Adaptoid - Value?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by TanookiSuit, Sep 9, 2010.

Sep 9, 2010

Adaptoid - Value? by TanookiSuit at 5:16 PM (1,361 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. TanookiSuit
    OP

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I keep seeing it brought up at this site that Adaptoids are impossible to come by unless you want to pay out heavy for it. What's the deal going on here on why that's the case? Also what are people paying on the things these days that it got so ridiculous? I'm just curious as I can't think other than 'wants' vs needs on why you couldn't get another N64 usb jack that would do the same stuff unless I'm missing something.

I have one of the things and have had it a very long time, just don't see the more recent heavy attraction to it when there are other usb devices.

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    rumble pak support, it is one of the only usb controller adapters that can support the rumble pak and the memory cards i believe.

3. TanookiSuit
    OP

United States
    Oh so the others don't work like an attachable media drive where you can manipulate the memory pak to store/transfer/erase data, nor will the others pick up on the rumble pak, gb transfer pak, etc?

If that's the case I kind of get why people get all tweaked up for it. The thing is pretty nice and it will work in vista/win7 fortunately too. Perhaps I should just sell the damn thing hah. [​IMG]

4. regnad

Member regnad Button Masher

Japan
    One of? Are there any others? I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I knew about it! Please tell!

If only with Adaptoid worked with the Hori Mini Pad -- it would be worth the high price then. In fact, any USB adapter that worked with the Hori would be worth a pretty penny to me, but as far as I know it doesn't exist.

5. TanookiSuit
    OP

United States
    I can't find anything in a quick google search that says it doesn't, just other ones like retrousb and some of those chinese/hk ones don't either or at least some don't wasn't quite straight on anything I found.

6. regnad

Japan
    This guy says it doesn't work on an original Adaptoid: http://gbatemp.net/t252975-hori-mini-pad-n...p;#entry3103896

7. TanookiSuit
    OP

United States
    Oh well, guess not. Still it appears outside that pad seems to get some ridiculous money for it. I should just sell the damn thing, that or trade it for some NES stuff I'd use.

8. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    only other usb controller adapter i am aware of that can support the offical rumble pak is a custom made bliss box (google it up mate), i dont know if the bloke is selling it yet but he has made mention he has it working. as to answer vampire d's questions, as far as im aware no other usb adapter besides the one i have mentioned seem to pick up the rumble pak no, as for transfer pak i cant say i have heard of one working with emulators myself but you never know

9. regnad

Japan
    Yeah, I think that's the case. Only the Adaptoid will get the original N64 controller rumble pack to work.

Why is this?! Since it's doable, why are all of these other manufacturers not including this feature? You'd think you would wipe out the competition with such a feature, considering the Adaptoid is long long out of production.

Include Hori compatibility, which no USB adapter offers, and you'd have the adapter to buy, hands down, and could charge more than the competition.

10. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    I'll sell you my Adaptoid, first run model, as new...
    FOR £900!
    I'm so glad I have one, made emulation fun to play.