Activated PS4 Profile.

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ravihpa, Aug 2, 2018.

1. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    pkglinks

GreenHypnotic likes this.
  2. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    I wrote a guide to enable local remote play with an unactivated PS4 here--> https://gbatemp.net/threads/remote-play-on-unactivated-ps4s.513839/
    You can backup your profile using Stooged's backup payload and a usb storage device (or alternatively, I suppose with this) just in case you are unable to preserve it while enabling remote play.

3. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    [Double posted]

4. Mo Poge

Mo Poge GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for the guide, but I think Shah Isah and others are wondering if we can skip out on the steps in your guide if we use this activate profile in the OP.

5. ello00

ello00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    zippy link no longer works can someone reupload and send me the file por favor

6. Robhood19

Robhood19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Denmark
    Will this wipe my usb too? I got a lot of game on my USB and that is my only USB so copied this to my USB and run it.

7. daedelus82

daedelus82 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    Australia
    works fine I just downloaded it from there

8. alon12131415

alon12131415 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2016
    Iceland
    i cant restore, it says: Cannot deactivate this PS4 for the following users.
    xxxx xxxx
    Sign in to PlayStation Network with these accounts and try again.

is there a way around it?

9. daedelus82

daedelus82 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    Australia
    Is your PS4 already activated?
    Did you run HEN first?

Apart from that, all I did was reinitialise the console in safe mode, figured it was going to wipe it anyway so may as well make sure it's 100% clean.

Worked fine for me.

10. Paradox35

Paradox35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Italy
    Hi!
    It's possible to inject account info through FTP? This will help a lot of people who don't wipe their console and if is possible you send me a backup maked through usb of your console. Thank you!

11. Realtop

Realtop Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Netherlands
    One fun thing, I restored from 5.07. And it worked. Still on 5.07, but at least activated.

KiiWii likes this.
  12. Realtop

Realtop Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    Netherlands
    Also, those who want the library back (It's absent in the backup.)..
    Activate hen.
    Install this Pkg. (Can A mod add the link (pm me)? Getting error because I'm a new user.).
    Go to library and delete it as if it's an app.
    That way your library is back and working again.

13. juzexe

juzexe Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Poland
    Unfortunetly not. I try it. My Vita cant connect with pre-activated ps4 because accounts on vita and ps4 are not the same.
    I have my psn account on vita but i cannot sign in on ps4 (to do that i need to update ps4 to last system version).
    So you can use this pre-activated account only for backup your new saves.
    If you want to remote play on non-activated ps4 (but only with Vita) you can activate it on IDU mode with tutorial from post above.
    It is your choice which is more important to you.

Last edited by juzexe, Aug 31, 2018
  14. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Such risk on a firmware that has no REC pup...

You can’t share backed/dumped up legit apps here afaik. They’re owned by Sony.

15. juzexe

juzexe Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Poland
    I tested today a non-activated ps4 with vita for remote play (activated in IDU mode)...
    To be honest - its totally shit. It is only good in games which doesnt use L2/3 or R2/3 or in "slow games" where input lag doesnt important. Thats not WII U :) it is a shadow of that whats WII U represent :)
    So in my opinion it is better to choose to install pre-activated account on PS4 and have a possibility to save the saves :)
    And wait for the future hacks or cfw for PS4 :) maybe some day we can log into PSN and we have an activated console with logged account for all of features it gives us...

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm actually waiting for a day when we can sign in online. I need to get rid of a banned account, since I don't want to lose the extras for having an activated account. that's one reason I haven't been playing any games. well, either that or the ability to resign saves without needing an activated account.

17. Sparkss

Sparkss GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2014
    United States
    I followed the steps and have the activated account now, but also what appears to be a very customized home page that is missing a few items (or they are just renamed?). How do I remove these extra icons that showed up?

After installing it I now have Omsk Demon, UI Mods 0.5, Homebrew and PSBrew folders on the main menu. The Homebrew folder contains SnesStation.

Also, when I click on the Omsk Demon icon I get a download error and a permanent (until I reboot) banner in the upper right of the screen telling me that it is "updating IDU". I should note that I did turn off IDU after I restored the user ID.

When I click on the UI Mods icon it just takes me to a splash screen where I can't do/change anything, then it takes me back to the home page.

PSBrew looks like it now points to the web browser. Before I think it pointed to the User Guide (which brought up the web browser with the user guide URL).

It also did delete all of my installed games. I checked the storage settings and it is showing pretty much an empty internal HD now, but I am not worried about that, just passing it along.

Hopefully someone can help me with my questions about removing those extra icons/programs. Do I just go into Debug -> Game and remove them?

Thanks!

18. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Sparkss it is a customised UI by extrememodding you can hide majority of those just by putting them in a folder IIRC, or you can mod the DB itself again, and change the icons and names of those apps.

The Omsk tool is bloody useless imho, it’s never going to lead to anything so idk why it’s included, if you can delete it from games/apps I would.

The brew thing is just webbrowser renamed if I remember, and the ui mods probably linked to extrememodding site, which is now defunct.

Sparkss likes this.
  19. Sparkss

Sparkss GBAtemp Regular

Jul 14, 2014
    United States
    Thanks KiiWii, much appreciated!

KiiWii likes this.
  20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yeah, the app.db should contain positioning. the default icons, if that's what you mean, are listed in one of the tables as well as the game/app names (in the same table). there's also another table with all of the PARAM.SFO credentials. I personally wouldn't mess with that one unless you know what you're doing as the values and keys can be complicated. since extrememodding is mostly about cosmetic changes, my guess is that that's not been changed. I don't have my app.db with me, and I've never modded the ps4 one, but I have modded the vita's. it goes by page and position which the ps4 may go by as well. however, I'm not sure how it's done on the ps4. with the vita, it uses a page (screen that the content is on including bubbles) and position (from 0-9 iirc) within each page (1-10 or 20-30+ if using bubbles). I hope that makes sense. you'll know what's going on by comparing the app.db with what's on the screen.

Sparkss and KiiWii like this.
  21. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Sparkss i sent you an app.db tutorial ;) check PMs