Dragonracer21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

i want to activate wc24 (services) on my homebrewed Wii Mini to just try out the wii shop channel. I can't agree the internet services from there because the Wii Mini has no official Internet settings. I heard of a file on the Wii Mini's NAND where I can activate/edit it via Wiixplorer but at this time I don't want to do it because I don't know which file it is before I edit something wrong/false. I already tried the settings editor gui from JoostinOnline but it doesn't let me edit the wc24 setting... Does anybody know how to activate if via the file on the Wii Mini's NAND or an other way?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany.

Dragonracer21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm, but why can I play Mario Kart Wii online via lan adapter then? There must be a way to activate the services. I would like to watch a video of it on YouTube, but that's not the original feeling^^ you didn't open and look in the shop up rather an other human did. Do you know what I mean? I just want to use internet browser and the shop channel. Also the vwii channel doesn't have this capabilities active, but people could activate it their using settings editor gui...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Umm... the Wii Mini doesn't have Wifi capabilities, so even if you do turn WC24 on, you still can't connect to the Wii Shop Channel. And the Wii Shop Channel is pretty barren right now, so you would be better off just looking up a YouTube video of it.

Correct.
daumen.gif

Also RiiConnect24 is not working on the Wii Mini,so there is no Way at the Moment.

There is no guide to installing RiiConnect24 on a Wii Mini, as attempting to install RiiConnect24 on a Wii Mini will result in a console brick.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: SaulFabre

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait... you can use a LAN adapter on a Wii Mini to play online? I didn't know this. I get what you mean by wanting to experience it in person, yes. Settings Editor GUI should work, but if not, there should be a SYSCONF file on your Wii's NAND that you could modify manually. I believe it is in the shared2 folder.

And to reply to Alexander, the Wii Shop Channel doesn't need RC24, it just needs WC24 to be active.

Last edited by PalindromicBreadLoaf,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
[QUOTE="FEF1, post: 9245841, member: 462103"
And to reply to Alexander, the Wii Shop Channel doesn't need RC24, it just needs WC24 to be active.[/QUOTE]

Both needs to accept the License Agreement.:)

Dragonracer21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already found the SYSCONF File in the shared2 folder. What do I have to edit with which program? Settings editor gui didn't work for me I cannot edit the wc24 settings with it... Do you know how to edit it to accept the agreement and with which program?

Gamee

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hm, but why can I play Mario Kart Wii online via lan adapter then? There must be a way to activate the services. I would like to watch a video of it on YouTube, but that's not the original feeling^^ you didn't open and look in the shop up rather an other human did. Do you know what I mean? I just want to use internet browser and the shop channel. Also the vwii channel doesn't have this capabilities active, but people could activate it their using settings editor gui...
Yes, you can, you just have to run the Enternet Enabler and then you can start the Wiimmfi Patcher or the Wiimmfi Patch v4 hack from Priiloader

hdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also RiiConnect24 is fully compatible Wii Mini after you installed the WiFi card. I've done it recently. Basically I installed full System Menu 4.3E and all IOSes from regular Wii. I can access WC24 settings, accept EULA and then all RC24 channels start to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.