Action Replay on softmodded Wii for gamecube games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheGoryElk, Apr 5, 2012.

1. TheGoryElk
    OP

TheGoryElk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2012
    Canada
    Hello

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, if it has been asked before, or if it is answered somewhere else. If this is the case, please direct me to the correct area.

I am wondering if there is a way to use action replay codes on a gamecube game through a softmodded wii. My favourite game on gc is Phantasy Star Online, I have been playing it for many, many many years. The problem is, a lot of content (items/weapons specifically) became unavailable when the severs went offline (of course, I never had a way to connect to the servers in the first place, but that is irrelevant). I would like to get the online only content, and to do so I would need to use AR codes (I assume). Is this possible?

2. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    You could try Accio Hacks. It's what i use for non-Wii titles

3. DonnyKD

DonnyKD GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2012
    United States
    Do you have a SD card or HDD?

Here's what I suggest: 1) Get Accio Hacks.

2) Backup your Gamecube games.

3) Get DIOS MIOS Lite and

4) Get kenobigc.bin

5) Get a backup loader (NeoGamma or CFG USB).

6) Put the .gct file you get from Accio Hacks in the same folder as your backup.

It works for me!

4. dude22072

dude22072 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    United States
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you are wanting to use cheats with retail GameCube discs (or backup discs on a Wii with an older disc drive), using Accio Hacks in conjunction with NeoGamma (with the recommended cMIOS installed) should work perfectly.

If you are wanting to use cheats while running backup GameCube games from your SD card, use Accio Hacks in conjunction with NeoGamma or CFG Loader (with DIOS MIOS Lite installed).

6. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
  7. TheGoryElk
    OP

TheGoryElk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2012
    Canada
    Thank you so much everybody! I will be trying this out tonight :D

8. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Well, if you aren't using Episode 3 you could always get your own server by downloading the software at http://www.schtserv.com/ (or just use theirs though there are only about 275 people on it).

9. TheGoryElk
    OP

TheGoryElk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2012
    Canada
    I followed your directions, but neogamma freezes when it tries to load the game. It says applying codes, and then says waiting, then launching game. But it just stays there forever. Did I do something wrong?

10. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Well, maybe you havent got the recommend cMIOS installed? See the neogamma page for the link, and install that.