Action Replay Gamecube

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by MatioMania, Aug 18, 2013.

1. MatioMania
    OP

MatioMania GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2011
    United States
    Does the New Action Replay for the Gamecube without the Memory Card, Let you use it as a SD Launcher?

2. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    I like the vid :lol:

3. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    "wii swiss booter" will do the job for you. no need for an action replay.

4. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas

That won't work very well if he's doing this on a GameCube. Didn't you notice that he posted this thread in the GameCube section?

Does your AR still let you create new game entries and input in new codes? If it does, then yes. But you'll need to provide a memory card of some kind on slot-b otherwise you will find yourself inputting the codes on every start-up. ;) ( I happen to have v1.14 of AR and it won't even start if I don't have a memory card in SLOT-B)

I don't remember if AR will create a new file on slot-B if you don't have the original memory card that came with it. I assume newer versions that don't include the memory card just expect you to provide your own on slot-B. I don't have a second card to backup my AR file on, so I'm not exactly willing to test that theory. :P

As far as I can tell, the only thing that would prevent AR from launching stuff from SD, is if you got the version that doesn't allow you to input new codes/games. I don't know which version started disallowing that. But it's easy to check. Just boot it up and see if you can add new games/codes.

If not, then your SOL and will need to either find a version that does or just buy the SD Media Launcher which would be harder to find then an Action Replay. (for cheap anyway, the Datel website still sells it, but the shipping is expensive)

5. Riyrt

Riyrt Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2008
    United States
    You mentioned having a XenoGC, just burn the PAL Swiss-gc iso to launch homebrew off of a SD Gecko.

SmokeyTheDog likes this.