Acronis True Image Universal Backup

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this all I need to flash all of my stuff to a new computer or do I need to clone the disk first? will a normal "incremental" update work?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, I’d just do a clean install.

Even if Windows transfers over fine, there could still be issues such as DRM with particular software.

Although if you do go down this route I’d use Macrium Reflect Free to make an image, since I’ve found it easier/more stable to restore files from compared to Acronis.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the main thing I want to keep is my linux wsl2 virtual drives, but I found no way to inject a virtual drive into windows if the original is corrupted or if something is wrong with it. devkitpro shouldn't be affected. I did get this paranoid, when I noticed the shift button on the left side had a crack in it, the button itself. I think this pc whould theoretically last 5 or 6 more years.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is this all I need to flash all of my stuff to a new computer or do I need to clone the disk first? will a normal "incremental" update work?
Seems like that should do it. If you haven't found it here's a kb article from Arconis detailing the process of restoring a system to dissimilar hardware.

https://kb.acronis.com/ati2021/aur

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll be okay. I have a backup of my pc, and I've flashed it a few times. however, I don't know what I should do if the drivers it needs could be on a separate disk. I mean what if the old computer is nonfunctional?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: YES MY BIRTHDAY WAS FIXED