Zane_Julien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,
so I haven't touched my 3ds in a while, but now I have an issue I didn't have before: If I try to start up Animal Crossing: New Leaf, it crashes while its starting. Sometimes it crashes while that train icon is displayed in the bottom right corner, sometimes right away when that Nintendo 3ds logo is displayed. And sometimes I get a big crash dump on the top and bottom screen, sometimes I just get a error message on the bottom screen. I tried installing the game to the SD card, and at first start it worked normally, but if I start it again after the save data was prepared it crashes once again. The thing is that I cant remember that happening the last time I played the game, and I didn't do anything to the 3ds since then.

Edit: Alright I don't know why but re-installing the 1.5 Update fixed it apparently

Last edited by Zane_Julien,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Zane_Julien Hi!
1 : Is the error you've encountering an Arm11 error, or ErrDisp? In all of them?
2 : Are you using any cheats for the game?
3 : I assume you are using an installed Cia to play the game, is it the same region as the 3DS? Do you have a game update installed for the game?
4: This error only appears in this game, you don't encounter it in other games etc?
I would suggest uninstalling the game, re-downloading it & installing it again, launch it with out the save, play with it for a while and see if it behaves the same or if it errors out.

Zane_Julien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Zane_Julien Hi!
1 : Is the error you've encountering an Arm11 error, or ErrDisp? In all of them?
2 : Are you using any cheats for the game?
3 : I assume you are using an installed Cia to play the game, is it the same region as the 3DS? Do you have a game update installed for the game?
4: This error only appears in this game, you don't encounter it in other games etc?
I would suggest uninstalling the game, re-downloading it & installing it again, launch it with out the save, play with it for a while and see if it behaves the same or if it errors out.
1: For the ones that gave me a full crash dump on both screens it was Arm11, for the ones that were only displayed on the bottom screen it was ErrDisp.
2: I am using a plugin normally, but it crashed with and without the plugin, and I still got different error messages.
3: I am playing using a Cartridge which is from Europe, just like my 3ds, but I tried building a cia file from the .3ds file on the Cartridge using gm9, and then installed it using fbi. As I said, the first time it worked normally, but after it "prepared" the save data, it crashed when I tried to start it the next time.
4: It didn't appear in any other game, and as I said it worked normally after I re-installed the 1.5 Welcome Amiibo update, and i did try it without the save data before that, it started after deleting it, but once it created new save data it crashed again when I tried to start it the next time.

sam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
so I haven't touched my 3ds in a while, but now I have an issue I didn't have before: If I try to start up Animal Crossing: New Leaf, it crashes while its starting. Sometimes it crashes while that train icon is displayed in the bottom right corner, sometimes right away when that Nintendo 3ds logo is displayed. And sometimes I get a big crash dump on the top and bottom screen, sometimes I just get a error message on the bottom screen. I tried installing the game to the SD card, and at first start it worked normally, but if I start it again after the save data was prepared it crashes once again. The thing is that I cant remember that happening the last time I played the game, and I didn't do anything to the 3ds since then.

Edit: Alright I don't know why but re-installing the 1.5 Update fixed it apparently
hi! i am having the same issue. what do you mean by re-installing 1.5? i have the core game and 1.5 already on my 3ds and it isn't working. did you just put another 1.5 update file on it?

Zane_Julien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi! i am having the same issue. what do you mean by re-installing 1.5? i have the core game and 1.5 already on my 3ds and it isn't working. did you just put another 1.5 update file on it?
Well its been a while since that happened and I'm not quite sure what exactly happened or what I did, but when I say re-installing I probably opened up FBI, went to the "titles" section and looked for the 1.5 Update, deleted the title, and then updated the game to 1.5 again.

Edit: I think it still crashed on 1.0 after deleting the update, but then it magically worked after updating to 1.5 again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: