Acekard's micro SD not being read by the computer! Help plz&#3

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by shoxie, Jul 2, 2010.

1. shoxie
    OP

Newcomer shoxie Newbie

Thailand
    My micro SD card for my Acekard is working when i put it into my acekard and play it on my DS lite, but when I put it into a card reader and plug it into a computer, the computer says it needs to be formatted before it's used, and then the micro SD card isn't read by the computer, it just says ( D : ) where the SD card should be.

Now, I don't want to format it yet, because then i'd lose all my .sav files, and i dont want to do that, so what should I do?

Is there a way to retrieve the data before i format it?

also, is there a way to recover the data after formatting? That way i can format it then recover the data again.

plz help

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Although this is a computer problem, it does relate to your Acekard so fair enough [​IMG]

Now try a different way of plugging it into your computer. Try a MicroSD to SD Adapter and plug it into your printer or even try the MicroSD USB that came with your Acekard.

I had this problem but lucky for me, I had DSFTP on it and I set up an FTP server with my DS & Computer so I was able to snag all my saves before reformatting again.

You could also try a different OS like Ubuntu to explore your SD and snag your valuable data. If you wish to do this you do not have to install Ubuntu simply select to try the OS without installing after you boot it.

If you wish to just format and attempt to snag your data afterwards, I suggest using Recuva and using a Deep Scan. It won't guarantee you'll get your data back but you can try & take the chance.

3. shoxie
    OP

Newcomer shoxie Newbie

Thailand
    Thanks!

also, what's DSFTP, and how does it work?

4. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    Don't make two threads for the same problem next time you have one.

Are you using a card reader or an SD card adapter?

5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    DSFTP is an FTP client which allows you to connect to a FTP server hosted by your computer. This allows direct communication between the FTP server & your MicroSD. It allows you to upload or download anything from your MicroSD to your own computer and vice versa.

6. shoxie
    OP

Newcomer shoxie Newbie

Thailand
    huh? i only made one thread. [​IMG]

and i'm using a card reader

7. shoxie
    OP

Newcomer shoxie Newbie

Thailand
    oh. cool.

i'll try that next time.