Hacking AceKard2i vs M3i Zero Sakura

Richard101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Acekard2i and i just ordered the M3i Zero Sakura now i was wondering what card out of the two you guys perfer i am wondering this because i am going to give my gf one of the cards i just dont know which one yet. please just let me know which card u think is a better card and which features u favor over the other card.

Thanks Richard

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I personally prefer the acekard, simply because it is updated more often, and more quickly than any other card thanks to Normatt. The M3i obviously has more features (rts, in game guide etc) and a better looking menu, but I don't cre about those things myself. If you do, stick with the M3i. If all you care is compatibility, then acekard is the way to go.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I suggest you test both cards on both consoles first to check for contact issues. If there is contact issues then use the cart that fits each console better. Feature wise the M3i Zero offers more, but the Acekard 2i has a nice and fast menu and great support. IMHO you should keep the M3i and give your GF the Ak2i, simply because you can tinker more with the M3i Zero whereas the AK2i is pretty much plug&play, nice menu and easy to maintain.

snipes634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I haven't even used mine yet XD, in my opinion, get the AceKard.I just need something that will play the games for me, I don't need any extra features and all that.

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Id say AK2i with AKAIO its what i have and i have had no problems with it so far.

It has 100 percent compatability.

Supports custom icons for files(you can make it show an mp3 icon for all mp3 ect.)

And loads more features.

There are also over 1000 skins on the AK website.

and It works on 1.4 as long as you flash it first.

BTW: i still say AK2i but you are asking in the AK forum every1 here has an AK(GET AN AK if you dont mind the lack of RTS and SAKURA) but this is a bias opinion.

Richard101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol yeah i realised i asked in the acekard forum and knew that the answered would be a little bit biased but still a few people said that the M3i Zero is a better card and i like how u can still update it even if i do accidently update my dsi. Thanks for all the help people but i think im gunna wait until my M3i Zero gets here and try it out because i have been using the Acekard2i Since July 17th and i have grown to not like some things about it. and im thinking real time save will be pretty sweet but that all depends on how well it works. But thanks again guys/girls

Richard.

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AK2i all the way ...

Even though this is an Acekard forum (and bias) i'm behind ak2i cause its fast compatibility with things and it was the first flashcard to work on DSi ... It also had a faster update for the 1.4x than the M3i Zero

Panic101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Acekard last night, it's great and Im not even a fanboy. It moves swifter than the m3i zero, however the m3i zero has a better looking menu for aesthetic purposes. M3iZero takes longer to update IMO which isnt good for me at all.

AKAIO has tons of themes which is great, multiple save slots which is good enough, dont really need RTS. It's insanely cheap for the productivity you get out of it, it has tons of support and fans backing it up. I mean check it out, everyone in Acekard community knows and helps to build the cart from the ground up.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm bias towards any card OTHER than ak2i (use to be DSTTi - Didn't like the firmware but loved it with Moonshell as the filelauncher, but now the M3i0)

The Reason(s)
- I found AK2i SAV files are weird !!!
I am unable to use them with a few of my PC game editors (Animal Crossing is one of them), I can't even convert them using Shuny's website. Even Shuny found them 'weird' when I contacted him about it
- I have had SAV files corrupted by the Ak2i (& that was with AKAIO firmware)
- I've had Boot problems with the Ak2i locking up on the health screen - not only on a DSLite but also on a DSi (even with the 'piece-of-card' trick)
- The Ak2i 'locked-up' occasionally while playing games
- I had no support from the manufacturer's.
I contacted them about the problems I was having, they replied with 'Send us photos of your card with Name/Address/Email & We'll send you a replacement' & it never turned up - even when I re-contacted them 30days later to inquire where it was, I got no further replies

With other cards (even a 'clone' N5) I have had no problems at all with anything other than 'How do I get ... (Homebrew) to work'

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
I'm bias towards any card OTHER than ak2i (use to be DSTTi - Didn't like the firmware but loved it with Moonshell as the filelauncher, but now the M3i0)

The Reason(s)
- I found AK2i SAV files are weird !!!
I am unable to use them with a few of my PC game editors (Animal Crossing is one of them), I can't even convert them using Shuny's website. Even Shuny found them 'weird' when I contacted him about it
- I have had SAV files corrupted by the Ak2i (& that was with AKAIO firmware)
- I've had Boot problems with the Ak2i locking up on the health screen - not only on a DSLite but also on a DSi (even with the 'piece-of-card' trick)
- The Ak2i 'locked-up' occasionally while playing games
- I had no support from the manufacturer's.
I contacted them about the problems I was having, they replied with 'Send us photos of your card with Name/Address/Email & We'll send you a replacement' & it never turned up - even when I re-contacted them 30days later to inquire where it was, I got no further replies

With other cards (even a 'clone' N5) I have had no problems at all with anything other than 'How do I get ... (Homebrew) to work'

I actually love the Acekard sav files. Since the Acekards save files almost any other cart could use it such as my R4 could use it the DSTT has the same sav files. So I disagree with you with that. My AK2i never locked-up on my DS lite never froze. and I never have to take it out and put it back in to make it work. So I disagree with you there too. I agree with the curroption of Save files it happenes in AKAIO when you first boot up a new ROM and create a SAV and when you save in the game and turn it off its curropted. So I agree with you there.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have both cards, but i love the ak2i with akaio
even tho sakura is amazing i still like ak more cuz its a bullet, u can access stuff easy and it loads games so easily
the only thing its missing is rts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: why