Hacking AceKard2i "System Files Not Found" Please help!

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I sent my AceKard to a friend of mine when it was disabled for use on the Nintendo 3DS, and I love my 3DS and know how Nintendo is trying to stop piracy 100%, and I don't want to risk bricking my 3DS. But ANYWAYS, I sent it to my friend, it's an AceKard2i, it was completely up to date and loaded with a few games they requested, and the 'up-to-date' was at the time there before the Nintendo 3DS System Update that added things such as the Internet Browser and eShop and all that. That's where they disabled it. And that's the firmware it was on. But no, randomly, it stopped working on my friend, and they keep getting the "System Files Not Found" error anytime they try to start it up. I've had them format the card and replace the system files, try putting update files on there and such, but nothing seems to work. Is it possible the AceKard is broken? Or the MicroSD card maybe? Any tips and pointers will be very much appreciated, from me, and my friend. They're waiting on their brother to get home with his AceKard right now and try to copy the system files from there to their SD card and see if that works right now. We're gonna see how that goes. But I just want to see if it can be solved before then.

Thanks a ton!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like there's a problem with the AK cartridge detecting the MicroSD (physically). This may be fixable by removing the spring (requires opening the casing), if that's the real problem. Does this sound likely to you?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well, if you do decide to open it up, or have your friend do it, have a look at this thread first:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/194290-acekard-2i-microsd-spring-broken/page__view__findpost__p__2429289

You only risk breaking something broken, imo. The reason for my spring removal suggestion is that there's probably an issue with the MicroSD not giving full contact on the MicroSD slot in the cartridge if you're 100% sure that your friend is adding AKAIO to it correctly, and the MicroSD works fine in the reader he's using.

Just to be sure though, this is the error from AK2i not booting at all, period, and not an error from attempting to launch games on it. Right?

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well, if you do decide to open it up, or have your friend do it, have a look at this thread first:
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__2429289

You only risk breaking something broken, imo. The reason for my spring removal suggestion is that there's probably an issue with the MicroSD not giving full contact on the MicroSD slot in the cartridge if you're 100% sure that your friend is adding AKAIO to it correctly, and the MicroSD works fine in the reader he's using.

Just to be sure though, this is the error from AK2i not booting at all, period, and not an error from attempting to launch games on it. Right?

Correct, and alright. Thanks. I'll pass this to them. I don't have access. They live almost all the way across the country from me.

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like there's a problem with the AK cartridge detecting the MicroSD (physically). This may be fixable by removing the spring (requires opening the casing), if that's the real problem. Does this sound likely to you?
I thought that if the acekard can't detect a card, it just says "Loading"
It says "System Files Not Found" when it detects a card, but can't find akmenu4.nds

Also, I just remembered having a similar problem with setting up an acekard 2i for a friend. I remember when I tried to load AKAIO, it would give me the error, but when I tried using the official ak firmware, it worked fine. I just had him open the AKAIO nds file through the official firmware.

Before opening it up and messing with the spring, try loading it with this or this. If it works, install AKAIO on top of it, and just rename akaio's akmenu4 to akaiomenu.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It says "System Files Not Found" when it detects a card, but can't find akmenu4.nds

Also, I just remembered having a similar problem with setting up an acekard 2i for a friend. I remember when I tried to load AKAIO, it would give me the error, but when I tried using the official ak firmware, it worked fine. I just had him open the AKAIO nds file through the official firmware.

Before opening it up and messing with the spring, try loading it with this or this. If it works, install AKAIO on top of it, and just rename akaio's akmenu4 to akaiomenu.
Does the official ak firmware have autoboot? I don't know, as I have never used the original fw, but that would get rid of the necessity to manually boot into akaio from the original fw.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Alright, thanks. We'll try that. And we aren't going to open it till we know that's the last option available.

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the official ak firmware have autoboot? I don't know, as I have never used the original fw, but that would get rid of the necessity to manually boot into akaio from the original fw.
I literally just thought of that as I was posting. I didn't really mess with the official much, it just seemed empty. I just made sure it would boot akaio, and then gave it to a friend.

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I literally just thought of that as I was posting. I didn't really mess with the official much, it just seemed empty. I just made sure it would boot akaio, and then gave it to a friend.

Well do you HAVE to have Akaio for any reasons? The first one worked perfectly and the games are running too ^^ But does AKAIO do anything that we'd need? I've had Akaio as far back as I can remember, but I don't know exactly what it does. Thought it was just a more updated loader.
And they extend a big thanks to you! They can't live without the AceKard. Lol,

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well do you HAVE to have Akaio for any reasons? The first one worked perfectly and the games are running too ^^ But does AKAIO do anything that we'd need? I've had Akaio as far back as I can remember, but I don't know exactly what it does. Thought it was just a more updated loader.
Need? No. Want? Yes.
I don't remember the exact feature difference, just the fact that I would not like to use it. I originally didn't care to get AKAIO running, I was content with giving him the official, until I actually tried to use it.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official firmware kernel hasn't been updated for compatibility with recent games for a realllllllllllllly long time (July 2010)

JsdMaNintendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Need? No. Want? Yes.
I don't remember the exact feature difference, just the fact that I would not like to use it. I originally didn't care to get AKAIO running, I was content with giving him the official, until I actually tried to use it.
Alright, thanks,

Official firmware kernel hasn't been updated for compatibility with recent games for a realllllllllllllly long time (July 2010)

And wow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: