Hacking Acekard2 - DSi 1.4.3u

tiago13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a DSi with ver 1.4.3u and an Acekard pre loaded. My daughter updated the DSi ages ago and when she did the acekard no longer worked. I am trying resolve the issue myself but am a complete novice to the whole process.
Can this be fixed??
I am running a Mac if that makes any difference.
I went to acekard and downloaded 1.4.4 and AKAIO. Do I need to format the card first and do i need to do anything with the DSi itself??

Much appreciated.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
In order to update your Acekard2i, you need to have access to any DS system it still runs on, then put the appropriate update file on whatever version DS you're using (DSi for DSi and DSL for DSL) and then run it. That's the only way to update the card, so if you don't have access to another DS system you're kinda SOL unless you find one.

tiago13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks-- I'll have to see if I can find one.
So then I update the acekard with the right file--I do that on the DS itself via internet? (sorry for the dumb question)

tiago13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok...I have a DS LIte! Asked all the kids in the neighbourhood! :)
Now I load the DSL update onto the root file of the card and then run it on the DS Lite and everything should be ok? Do I have to then update to DSi for my unit?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
ok...I have a DS LIte! Asked all the kids in the neighbourhood! :)
Now I load the DSL update onto the root file of the card and then run it on the DS Lite and everything should be ok? Do I have to then update to DSi for my unit?

Yup run it on a DSLite, make sure you have some charge on the DSlite you need to finish the update without interuption

tiago13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, the card loads on the DSlite.
Another dumb question: how do I start the update? Just launch the card? any specfic file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-