Acekard T-flash USB reader crapped out

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Zeroskillet, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Zeroskillet
    OP

Zeroskillet Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Anyone else have the T-flash card USB reader that came with their ACekard crap out?

Didnt even last 24hrs [​IMG]

2. Uruha

Uruha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    mines still alive you can prolly get a better reader. the one that came with my EDGE wrote way faster but i gave it to my cousin

3. Zeroskillet
    OP

Zeroskillet Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    Mine got really hot.......i didnt think much about it. Now it donesn't work, I wish I could return it

4. geek_power

geek_power Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2009
    Canada
    Qu├ębec
    http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11294

It costs less than 2$, it is really small, and works very well. The only cons are that the slot for the memory is really tight at the beginning, but it will loose with time, and you must be careful to not put the reader upside-down in the usb port.

5. kenman1

kenman1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2008
    United States
    florida
    mines crap out to but i think it because i made it fall one time and the 2 pieces flew apart but was still working not my computer won't even understand it [​IMG]

6. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    Cyclo DS Paradise
    just buy a new one......you can get a better quality reader anywhere you look

7. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
  8. Joey90

Joey90 Not around any more

Apr 21, 2007
    UK
    Mine works perfectly fine.

I've had it for nearly a year and it's been attached to my keys.

9. ein750

ein750 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2007
    Of the 10 AKs (with readers) I recently bought, more than 5 didn't work out of the box [​IMG].. Crappy quality if you ask me!

10. bollocks

bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 29, 2005
    yeah, i had one of the old notoriously unreliable acekard-branded ones, but it seems like now theyve switched to the notoriously unreliable ones that used to ship with the original R4 (just in a different colour). ha. they never bloody learn. (that said, the one i got with my R4 still works fine, it's just held together with sellotape now. i gave it to my mum)

11. gokuguy

gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2008
    United States
    I just recently got one about 2 weeks ago, an AK2 version 2.1, & the usb was dead. I tried my own 4gb Kingston & my little bros 2gb Toshiba sd cards, neither read correctly. It said that the sd cards were full, that they were in RAW format, & when i tried to format mine (i had just gotten it for AK2) it wouldnt ever format it. Mine was just plain trash!! But, the good thing is, i only payed like 20c extra for it, so whats 2 dimes compared to a working AK?

Since my micro sd came with an adapter, i just use a 21 in 1 memory card usb adapter from Wal-mart. I wouldn't recommend it, considering its like 20$, but i had it laying around, unopened, so i was ok. =P