Hacking Acekard, strange behaviour

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
RONLOL said:
For smooth game whats better, a higher writing or reading?
Read Speed is always more important than write speed when it comes to flashcards. So all of you with expensive Class 6 cards, that won't make a big difference if the card's read speed sucks. The class of the card determines the write speed not the read speed. I agree with tk_saturn, Japanese Kingston cards are pretty consistent with read speed. Read speed determines smoothness of games not the write speed. The only reason anyone would want fast write speed is because they'd want to get their games copied on faster.
And dont forget the random access time

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you tk_saturn, everybody seems to think that class defines read and write. It doesn't, it just defines write. I've had issues with sandisk 4gbs recently. I have had 3 4GB class 2s and they all had different read speeds. and sadly the duracell knock off card had better read speeds than those knew sandisk ones.

It would be helpful if they had a class system for read but they don't. Also, thanks for posting those benchmark sites tk_saturn, it worth knowing.

Here are some more benchmarks: http://www.reportlabs.com/testbed/version1.../flashtop10.php

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I never will get a Kingston microSD card...
I have a generic 4GB Class 2 microSDHC card from RadioShack that I use in my AceKard 2i. It preforms pretty much perfectly, but drops a few frames on the intro video of Avalon Code.
My brother has a 2GB Class 2 Kingstom microSD card from the internet that he uses with his AceKard 2i. It's preformance sucks and even the audio skips on the intro video of Avalon Code...
Nuff said.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because one card doesn't work properly doesn't mean the brand sucks. I've read that Kingston is good, however, I never use them. I always stick with SanDisk because that's what's available to me.

Anyways, many people have biases about the cards they like; just use what suits you the best and what works for you.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one sandisk and bought another 2 and the newest 2 are not good. Its really hard to tell whats got good write speeds.

Samik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i typed before, i tried every kingston card i own on my acekard and all sdhc cards with class 4 have problems with long loadings and saving i remember that i returned one to shop because even my autoradio lagged with it...only classical kingston 2gb nonsdhc that i got with my mobile phone were faster...i think kingston taiwan is a really bad manufacturer...im wondering if japan is better but i think there is to way to get me one in my country for test because everywhere have taiwan made...

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woopie!

Samsung 8GB plus SD arrived today. No more black screens, no more stutters. In game speed is much improved.

Shoptemp: stop selling crap cards. I am sure everyone here would rather spend a little extra to get full performance and stability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1