OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think my AceKard divided by zero.
My Acekard decided that it was ok for it to defy the rules of information storage.
I had a Brothers in Arms save file (Brothers in Arms (E).nds.SAV), and my AceKard made another save (Brothers in Arms (E).nds.sav). Whenever I opened the folder containing the two files, whatever I was using crashed (DSO, Windows, Ubuntu, Leopard), only my AceKard browser could open the folder without crashing.
So, I deleted the conflicting file, and it all worked fine. But what the fuck. Two files with the same filename cannot co-exist within the same folder. Fucking paradox.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(mice R nice ~(_"> @ Dec 28 2007, 06:04 AM)Hmm, interesting predicament. I think that the case sensitivity of the AKRPG allowed for the coexisting files to be browsed thus creating the allusion of a paradox.

I concur with this very observative study.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Technically this should never have happened as the AKRPG uses either FAT16 or FAT32 for the filesystem which doesnt allow two files to have the same name, well not that i'm aware of anyway, maybe you should reformat your sd card (backing up everything first) because it might be your card is too fragmented that it somehow allowed the filesystem to have two files named the same thing.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happened on the MicroSD of my R4.

It did:

Yugioh World Championship 2008.nds - 127 mb
Yugioh World Championship 2008.nds - 512kb
Yugioh World Championship 2008.sav - 512kb

WTF is that? I deleted it, and later on, it screwed up my MicroSD.

Like Normmatt said, reformat the SD before it corrupts.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
My NAND was formatted as FAT16, so I have no idea as o how this could have happened.
Previous to this incident, I had 3 0byte files that I couldn't delete.
After this had happened, I changed skin, the loader rooted itself, and would lock up as soon as it had loaded.
So, I backed up my saves and ROMS, and tried to delete everything, one skin wouldn't delete, so I reformatted, now all is well.
As far as I can tell, the fabric of space and time is holding together pretty well.

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure the RPG is case sensitive because when I look at my folders in the browser the ones with capital letters are listed before those with no caps even if the ones with no caps fall later in the alphabet.

For example, I see something like:

FolderA
FolderB
abcdefgFolder
folderD

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
QUOTE(mice R nice ~(_"> @ Dec 28 2007, 06:04 AM)Hmm, interesting predicament. I think that the case sensitivity of the AKRPG allowed for the coexisting files to be browsed thus creating the allusion of a paradox.

Well this isn't the case cause Linux could have worked then ( the poster stated that ubuntu crashed on him) my guess is that two different address were assigned to the same file name due to a I/O error ( shutdown while writing the save file in this case)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1