Hacking Acekard Ready to Ship!

strud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i went through and counted the ones that would not work, or had major problems that made play nearly impossible. 11. how many games didnt work on other systems when first brought out, and how many games need to be patched on release for those other systems?

you guys are absolutely right, its not 100%, but its still pretty damn good. the drag and drop is MONEY for people who dont have a windows box. hello mac users! the only real complaint i have with the company/product is that the firmware updates is/are slow. however, i dont have a problem with mine so thats not really too big of an issue. unless you have one yourself, stop talking mad trash about it.

just a question here deathspawn, why do defend the DS-X so much. I agree that it's a great product, and am currently awaiting one from foundmy, but if I had one i'd probally be playing it rather than defending it against everyone on the internet

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
i defend good products. funny thing about the ds, you can pause games and search forums
wink.gif

that and i just lost my job, so i have a lot of extra spare time.
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few major things that i think need to be adressed in this topic!

1: this topic has little to do with ds-x, unless its a comparison with acekard.

2. i've done alot of research on acekard, inc. translating (via google) multiple chinese sites.

some people are under the allusion that acekard patches roms onboard - it doesn't.
The AFKS format is designed so that acekard can play all clean roms directly almost as if it were a real ds game card (thus 100% compatability) NO PATCHING.
because of this format, currently acekard requires a program to transfer files to the cart. But, they have mentioned a possible driver so that the system can recognise acekard as a normal drive and drag and drop.

one of the cons include poor homebrew (currently) as some/or many (dunno) cannot work on the format without alteration. Although the team has confirmed Moonshell has been made compatable. also space allocation on the card seems to have some problems

I'm excited about Acekard due to the microsd slot + 100% compatability (as long as nintendo keeps same format), moonshell compatability, + some other advantages of the AFKS format. But its true, we all need to hear more.

yaynds.gif

edit: i forgot to mention that the current lack of english support is major drawback. i really hope this product will be made available to the english market and in at least half recognisable english.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
acekard looks alright, but it being another non english company sucks. also, the AKFS thing blows. the new ninjaxt49d thing looks much more promising and it has english support.

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really do not get some people here, they blow their lid on the Chinese, just because their english sucks. Why does it matter? I mean, if it works, and you can play games, what's the problem? I deal with my SC and I don't moan and complain because it's engrish is horrid. At least only 2 games (excluding regions) and the Nintendo DS browser (for obvious reasons) doesn't work. I'm not saying the DS-X is bad, I actually want one, but I would really appreciate it if their updates would prove their claims. (and for god's sake, please...run diamond and pearl!)

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
my thing about the english is that im paying a good deal of money for their product, i would like to be able to communicate to them if i had problems, or suggestions.

i keep agreeing, the ds-x team really needs to release their update, even if it isnt complete just to show that they are serious about keeping on the ball.

masvill20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The suggestions part, yeah, I guess that's true. But then, if their product didn't have any problems at all, I wouldn't need to worry as much. And the updates for the DS-X, definitely.

thefoxhole

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I decided to hold off on the ds-x. Unfortunatly... it sucks.. but I want something that is worth the wait... There are a few units that look amazing.. Do not get me wrong the ds-x loots wonderful! But I will wait.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And this occurs to me today, and this thought really should make alot of people adjust their attitudes (but unfortunately most probably wont read it or wont get it):

Just try and get support for that HK knockoff 252-in-1 gamecart! How many edits of mario does it have on there?

Anyone else remember the "good ol' days" where people who owned flashcarts were pretty much able to patch their own stuff to run on them, and these kinds of complaints were only on the emulator forums?
cry.gif

Gotta say, the situation with current chinese made flashcarts is a heck of alot better than that cheaply made ripoff that you used to be able to get at the flea (I think their motto back then was "well, the 6 games we tested worked so all of them must be working, quick, manufacture them!).

Nowadays we have much more "cutting edge" technology to work with, for such a small market share that it is almost pathetic that there are complainers - I mean, sure, hold your $50 for ransom to some fellow who probably barely (if at all) understands what you are saying... that'll get good results! I'll probably get one (AK, Neo, EZ, SC, Ninja etc) and be happy with what they give which is probably going to be 1000X superior to what was available even 2 years ago.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
my thing about the english is that im paying a good deal of money for their product, i would like to be able to communicate to them if i had problems, or suggestions.
Well, they do seem to have a reasonable grasp of English - their grammar isn't perfect, but everything in English on acekard.com is at least understandable, and I'm pretty sure they'd be able to understand and reply to any support requests in English.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
some people are under the allusion that acekard patches roms onboard - it doesn't.
The AFKS format is designed so that acekard can play all clean roms directly almost as if it were a real ds game card (thus 100% compatability) NO PATCHING.
because of this format, currently acekard requires a program to transfer files to the cart. But, they have mentioned a possible driver so that the system can recognise acekard as a normal drive and drag and drop.
You are right. Someone earlier had said you have to patch the roms since you need to use a program to transfer files over. By the same analogy, MS-DOS does not natively support NTFS, to use NTFS on it you have to use a third party program. It doesn't mean the files I transfer over are modified, it's just stored under a different file structure. Does that mean the files are patched then? I think not.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You are right. Someone earlier had said you have to patch the roms since you need to use a program to transfer files over. By the same analogy, MS-DOS does not natively support NTFS, to use NTFS on it you have to use a third party program. It doesn't mean the files I transfer over are modified, it's just stored under a different file structure. Does that mean the files are patched then? I think not.

thanks for understanding ^^

i hope this product lives to my expectations!

AH! Does Anyone Know What "br everywhere" Means In A Chinese Google Translation?
unsure.gif

fishsticks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I found another review pretty positive Translated:
naamloosgm7.png

http://forum.taobao.com/forum-24/show_thread----6850220-.htm

And also it states that the price will be 4 000 Japanese yen = 34.0541461 U.S. dollars
ohmy.gif

It does not state that at all.

??4000???????,???????????????
The made-to-order prototype cost $4000 (it has nothing to do with japanese yen.), but it can't be used to gauge the final sale price.

Nice notice!

but i believe that i've seen people quoting a pricing around 40$ on the official acekard forums (this is a google translation though, beware) so its likely to be cheapish
happy.gif

PURPLEMUSTANG

Trophies
XP
Country
From what I have been hearing.The DS-X is the most overrated card so far.If these cards(Ninjads ,acekard..etc) work then the ds-x will have it's hands full.
Has the ds-x team realesed any updates yet?If these card do what the ds-x does and has the xpandable memory option,Ithink the GBATEMP should re-review the ds-x card and rate it accordingly.

Off-topic:Any news from the supercard team regarding slot-1 cards?That's a company I can trust with my eyes closed.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I have been hearing.The DS-XÂ is the most overrated card so far.If these cards(Ninjads ,acekard..etc) work then the ds-x will have it's hands full.
Has the ds-x team realesed any updates yet?If these card do what the ds-x does and has the xpandable memory option,Ithink the GBATEMP should re-review the ds-x card and rate it accordingly.

Off-topic:Any news from the supercard team regarding slot-1 cards?That's a company I can trust with my eyes closed.

GBATEMP is going to re-review the DS-X shortly, so says Costello.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o