Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Acekard R.P.G. loader 4.03 released
Open source side not doing so well
acekardrpg.gif
The Acekard team have today released version 4.03 of their Acekard R.P.G. loader, but have not yet released the source code package. New in v4.03 is support for Action Replay cheat codes (instructions below) which can be toggled on/off in-game through key press. It is currently not possible to toggle multiple cheats for single games on and off, but the team are aware of this and are working on it. The team also mention that some other new additional features for the cart are also under "development and going well".
[title:Acekard R.P.G. loader 4.03]What's New

* Support ActionReplay Code.
o How to use it. Create a file as the same as rom's name and a suffix name ".cc". Put this "cc" file in the same directory of rom. Copy AR code into this cc file. Add a "@" at the begin of line of the description of code to enable this code. Add a "#" at the begin of line of description of code to disable this code. For example:

@Infinite Lives--------Enable this code.
020973ec 00000063

# Infinite Health------Disable this code.
1208fce4 00000880
1210679c 00000008
o Please open Cheating System at the "Special" of AK start menu.
o Use "Start+Select+UP" to enable Cheating System in game. Use "Start+Select+Down" to disable Cheating System in game.
o You can find some AR code at here: http://us.codejunkies.com/codes.asp?c=US&c...nt%r=0&l=1&p=17. And we support all code of AR format. Be ware to make sure the code is meet the version of your game.
* Fix bug in menu 4.02 that some game can't run normally.

Known Issues

* Can't support enable or disable a code at the menu for now.
* The prompt strings of new feature are only in Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese and English. The other languages are not translated now. If you wann help you can translate these strings and email to us. Thanks.

Please replace all files and directory at the root of Ak RPG. We suggest you backup your save files first.

Special Thanks: cracker.

icon11.gif
Download loader v4.03

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eh? I thought they already released the source code? Or do you mean something else hasn't been rel;eased?

And yeah, they need to tell their manufacturer to get off their asses and make more RPGs
sleep.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
eh? I thought they already released the source code? Or do you mean something else hasn't been rel;eased?

And yeah, they need to tell their manufacturer to get off their asses and make more RPGs
sleep.gif
They have not released the source code of v4.03 or at least the changes made

recover

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The same thing happened when 4.02 was released; the source wasn't released until a week later (something like that).
As far as I've seen from the reviews of ARPG its hardware is really good and it have most of the features needed to make people satisfied, and new features are being rolling out ... maybe a tad bit slow but they're coming.
If anyone would ask, I would definitely trade my R4 for an ARPG.
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acekard any good? any download play working?... never saw it anywhere for sale..

Yeah it's a great piece of hardware. Download play works fine. AFAIK everything is 100% but haven't checked everything thoroughly myself.
biggrin.gif
The initial batch of RPGs went pretty fast since it isn't as widely produced as other carts. I think that bamboogaming.com is the only place that has them in stock currently. I believe they were holding off on producing the next batch of carts until they had the clear shell made. Now that they have done that I would expect them to producing more carts as we speak and getting ready for the next (hopefully larger) release. I'm hoping that it will be more popular since having an open source cart has a lot of advantages over the other carts. Example of this: editing the source code to fix header CRCs so games aren't marked bad if the header is modified and not fixed with ndstool (something I do frequently) and changing the rom loading function so that it doesn't assume the rom gets booted from the normal address which prevented some of my hacking projects from running. I better stop before I ramble on...

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happend to the gbatemp review of the rpg?
still waiting for that.

Yeah, they got their review sample, what...three months ago? Even longer than that?

But anyways, is their anywhere you can buy this cart in the US? And not some shady dealer. A well known dealer is what I'm looking for. I wish they would send some to RHS. Or even KickGaming in Canada.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
acekard any good? any download play working?... never saw it anywhere for sale..

Yeah it's a great piece of hardware. Download play works fine. AFAIK everything is 100% but haven't checked everything thoroughly myself.
biggrin.gif
The initial batch of RPGs went pretty fast since it isn't as widely produced as other carts. I think that bamboogaming.com is the only place that has them in stock currently. I believe they were holding off on producing the next batch of carts until they had the clear shell made. Now that they have done that I would expect them to producing more carts as we speak and getting ready for the next (hopefully larger) release. I'm hoping that it will be more popular since having an open source cart has a lot of advantages over the other carts. Example of this: editing the source code to fix header CRCs so games aren't marked bad if the header is modified and not fixed with ndstool (something I do frequently) and changing the rom loading function so that it doesn't assume the rom gets booted from the normal address which prevented some of my hacking projects from running. I better stop before I ramble on...

DL/P isn't 100% ( haven't checked this out but the source code make it clear that they patch the header ) .

Anyway I expect updates to be somewhat slow on the first few releases till the AK team will fully master the LibNDS ( as the AKRPG is the first flash card to be built on it).

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DL/P isn't 100% ( haven't checked this out but the source code make it clear that they patch the header ) .

Ummm _all_ flashcarts that play untouched roms patch them up when they are loaded so they work right with the flashcart. And since when does patching a rom on the fly determine that a flashcart doesn't have 100% compatibility? If the games work the same as the original by whatever means (patching or not) then they are compatible!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Anyway I expect updates to be somewhat slow on the first few releases till the AK team will fully master the LibNDS ( as the AKRPG is the first flash card to be built on it).

Actually i know of quite a few flashcart teams that use Libnds, well actually most if not all of them do.
They just choose not to release their sourcecode.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anyone give a step by step guide to setting up the cheat loader on my acekard rpg? I have tried but so far I cannot get it to work. I have created a text file with the same name as the game rom apart from the suffix of '.cc' and have put some AR codes in the text file. I go into start-special and make sure cheats is enabled, then go into the game. BUT when I press select+start and up at the same time, nothing happens. Where am I going wrong?? Can anyone help me on this??? Any help will be very much appreciated guys

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Cracker. I have used a text format file for the cheats and the game is The Legend of Zelda, The Phantom Hour Glass. I have named the cheat file ' The Legend of Zelda, The Phantom Hour Glass.cc'. When I go into the AceKard menu, I enable the cheats but when I start the game and press start+select and up, nothing happens apart from the pause screen. I must be doing something worng somwere and its probably something stupid. Once again Cracker thanks, I appreciate it.

@Infinite Health
620ee44c 00000000
b20ee44c 00000000
2000039e 00000050
d2000000 00000000

#Infinite Health
620ee44c 00000000
b20ee44c 00000000
2000039e 00000050
d2000000 00000000

@ Infinite Bombs/Arrows Use
920ad758 000020bc
020ad758 e3a02009
d0000000 00000000

# Infinite Bombs/Arrows Use
920ad758 000020bc
020ad758 e3a02009
d0000000 00000000

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheat code looks fine (although a little weird with redundant codes that are turned off). Is it named exactly the same as the game but with .cc instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ak Aack AAAACK!!!