Acekard not reading savs

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Primenay13, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009

Acekard not reading savs by Primenay13 at 7:13 PM (988 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Primenay13
    OP

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My acekard wont read my r4III save files. What should I do? It creates a new sav file when the other is already there.

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Use AKAIO, and change the save options from .nds.sav to .sav. To do this you need to go into Start, System Options, File System Settings, then change the Save Ext.

3. yeahitschris

Member yeahitschris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i had a problem with this at first too loool, but when i noticed that the acekard was creating its own saves, i changed all my r4 saves to .nds.sav. but there was an option that allows you to change it as Screens stated above.

4. commdante

Member commdante GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    OK, just taking both are rather raw/in the same format (if not, google for a "ds savegame"-thingy/converter). Also: acekard first makes/overwrites a first savegame when setting which boot it should use etc ... so start your game at least once before copying the savegame and try it.
    Had the same trouble with my acekard 2i when trying to set original-card savegames back, some seemed to work, other didn't ... untill I read that at first boot it makes/overwrites to a new savegame.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i think your confusing the cache system of the rpg vs the 512byte default method of the other acekard products?

the rpg will write a save file on boot, from the cache. akaio scans the rpg for save files and makes the savelistex.bin on first boot. the conbination of behavior and files can cause saves you place on the kit to not show up. the ak2/2.1/2i does not have a cache system. dropping a save on the cart will overwrite the save already there and work. there is no way the save will be overwritten by the firmware the way you described.

because of this the rpg has save sizes which are exact and the other products use a default 512byte save.

-another world