Hacking Acekard not even showing up anymore! Help!

schmity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that pic i posted is what I get. When i first got it (earlier today), i put the official firmware on it and a game and it worked fine and then i tried to put another game on it and it started doing that. Like it recognizes something is there, but just draws a blank. It doesnt matter if SD card is in or out so its not an issue with that. And its weird because at the start it was working fine (I used the official firmware 4.15 i think) and then took the card out, plugged it into my comp added another file and then plugged it in and i get the screen. If i select the empty box thing (like i said, its as if it recognizes something is there, but has no idea what it is) I just get white screens on both DS screens.

sorry that pic was taken with built in cam on mac

photo34u.jpg

photo34.jpg

to show that i can select it i guess

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like you have a bad acekard. Take it apart and take pictures of the internal components and send them with an email to the acekard team. If something is wrong with it, then they will send you a replacement. (please do correct me if I'm wrong about this)

OR

You need to bend your acekard a little so the contacts meet with the ds contacts better.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
for starters bending your acekard might result in the pcb or shell snapping. i doubt this is a faulty kit but a problem with a corrupted msd or a contact issue. first format the msd with the panasonic formatter and then put on your firmware of choice. try blowing into the nds slot1 with a can of compressed air or with your mouth through a filter. a dryer sheet should catch enough of the liquid in your mouth to protect the contacts in your slot1 if you don't have compressed air. you could also try to put a very thin wedge of paper behind the pcb to boost it up a fraction of a mm. try a 2nd msd on the kit to confirm that it isn't the 1st msd.

if you do find that nothing fixes it, then understand that the acekard family of products has a 1 yr warranty. contact your retailer and try to get an exchange. do not bother the team with your problems until you have fully debugged and after you get denied from your retailer.

-another world

schmity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
for starters bending your acekard might result in the pcb or shell snapping. i doubt this is a faulty kit but a problem with a corrupted msd or a contact issue. first format the msd with the panasonic formatter and then put on your firmware of choice. try blowing into the nds slot1 with a can of compressed air or with your mouth through a filter. a dryer sheet should catch enough of the liquid in your mouth to protect the contacts in your slot1 if you don't have compressed air. you could also try to put a very thin wedge of paper behind the pcb to boost it up a fraction of a mm. try a 2nd msd on the kit to confirm that it isn't the 1st msd.

if you do find that nothing fixes it, then understand that the acekard family of products has a 1 yr warranty. contact your retailer and try to get an exchange. do not bother the team with your problems until you have fully debugged and after you get denied from your retailer.

-another world

No its not the msd im 100% sure, i have formatted it and it worked fine previously as well as shows up on my phone (as well as the same thing happening if the msd isnt in so let me reiterate its not the msd). Tried the paper trick, all it does is make the card not show up AT ALL (i.e. its as if there is no card in)

You sure there is no way to work with acekard on this? I ordered the thing probably 3 weeks ago from DX and I knew i was going on a trip thats why i got it so I was looking to get this fixed within 2 weeks which is simply not possible via DX imo. And bother the team? Sorry man, but I actually did buy a product, I understand if they cant really help me ASAP, but itd be nice if they were helpful and tried to work with me on this to solve something since I did buy a product (hell Id drop a few extra dollars if I can get this fixed within a week, Id just rather not buy an entirely new acekard just because this one is shit.).

If anyone would like to help me out (yes I already did email the team but I am not gonna take the risk of bending it) please contact me schmity.1337 ( at ) gmail(dot)com

Edit: Also to clarify, unless there is an easy fix im pretty sure its a faulty unit. Ive also noticed the plastic on the outside doesnt look 100% closed together (there are 5 like 'clips' and one looks loose I guess). The product went faulty in no joke a matter of 10 min.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:

-another world
His problem has nothing to do with the micro sd card. Even if he didn't have any micro sd card inside it shouldn't do that.

To the op: Your acekard is defective, contact the retailer you bought it at.

schmity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geek_power said:
Did you try your Acekard on another DS?

You can also try to clean the connectors of your Acekard with hydrogen peroxyd.

Yeah i tried on another DS but no luck, and ill try the H2O2 in a second. I contacted DX but they always seem slow to do anything, does anyone know of any legit companies in America? I think if DX is slow I will just do a chargeback and buy from another company since I need this for sure by the 17th of this month.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also try and go to acekard directly at [email protected]
they might just send you a new card with out sending back in the old card you do need to send in pics of the cards insides but they are good at getting the damaged cards replaced

schmity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewback said:
also try and go to acekard directly at [email protected]
they might just send you a new card with out sending back in the old card you do need to send in pics of the cards insides but they are good at getting the damaged cards replaced

Yeah that would be great if that would be possible. I also disputed the issue on paypal as a just in case so that if I need to (i.e. nothing works out with DX and they say its my fault or something, I have the option to make a claim or chargeback.) I feel like kind of a little bitch for doing this but its my luck that alot of shit I get is DOA and I have gotten screwed over before by the companies. Thanks everyone for the help, really appreciate it. Hope im not too much of a n00b.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up