RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
jesus christ, i don't understand how much clearer i could have made the first post.

why would you post your card if it is already in the list? why does that make sense at all to you? if its in the list the information is not needed. don't interpret the words for your own ends, just do what is asked.

the point of this is not to block more clones it is to end the confusion over the builds of the acekard. somewhere along the way we stopped keeping track and before it gets worse it would be nice to have all the official builds listed in one place.

discuss whatever you want, but at least submit the information that is needed. otherwise what is the point of this topic?

-another world
I know how you could make it clearer.
Please do not post if your HWID/PCB is listed below

Is THAT so hard to append to your post?
All you gave is a bunch of conditions of when to report something, you gave no explicit conditions of which you cannot post.
And so naturally, everyone thinks to report their HWID, to help cement that they have either an authentic or fake unit, and letting you know.

Edit: Maybe you haven't made it clear enough it's not a survey of HWIDs so much as it's simply identifying how many different Acekards are out there? People might think it were the former.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have an Acekard 2i with the new / non-Actel chip.

HW: 81 SVN: 824

Not sure if you'd call it a yellow PCB or black - the fiberglass board itself is yellow, but most of it is covered by black silkscreen.

ak2i.jpg

-Atashi

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
RupeeClock said:

All you gave is a bunch of conditions of when to report something, you gave no explicit conditions of which you cannot post.
And so naturally, everyone thinks to report their HWID, to help cement that they have either an authentic or fake unit, and letting you know.

Edit: Maybe you haven't made it clear enough it's not a survey of HWIDs so much as it's simply identifying how many different Acekards are out there? People might think it were the former.

i disagree and find a lack of common sense here. the post has 3 things in bold. 3 things it asks for. why would you submit something different? and even if you were about to submit would you not check the list and see if what you wanted to submit was there already? i would append the post but its much more fun to see who can read and understand, and who can not.

i think in the eyes of the staff at the akaio forum, submitting all missing versions would collect a full list. but they don't want clones submitted, because it isn't a list of clones. again common sense plays a role here. if the card is not on the list the user could *assume* the card is then a clone. however, if you read over there now there is one person who submitted information about a hw44 ak2i with a different chip, an obvious clone. so yea the plot thickens.

but come on, you really don't understand the first post of this thread?? lol

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
RupeeClock said:

i disagree and find a lack of common sense here. the post has 3 things in bold. 3 things it asks for. why would you submit something different? and even if you were about to submit would you not check the list and see if what you wanted to submit was there already? i would append the post but its much more fun to see who can read and understand, and who can not.

i think in the eyes of the staff at the akaio forum, submitting all missing versions would collect a full list. but they don't want clones submitted, because it isn't a list of clones. again common sense plays a role here. if the card is not on the list the user could *assume* the card is then a clone. however, if you read over there now there is one person who submitted information about a hw44 ak2i with a different chip, an obvious clone. so yea the plot thickens.

-another world
When I read your post I understood that I shouldn't post my Acekard 2i info because it was already in the list. Common sense,

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn I'm no help. AK2.1 Black PCB HW80 which is already on the list. Well I get an A for effort. I broke one the clips while trying to open it to find out the PCB. Sallright, still works fine.

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
AKAIO: The Clone Wars

Why's the AKAIO team always giving attitude to the users? That I don't get.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't really the heart to take apart my AK2.1, but right above the connectors is a blue-ish stripe so I'm assuming I have a blue PCP AK (there is no plastic protecting the connectors from the outside world :|
The information reads HW:80 SVN:803 (using AKAIO 1.6 RC1)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Hakoda said:
Damn I'm no help. AK2.1 Black PCB HW80 which is already on the list. Well I get an A for effort. I broke one the clips while trying to open it to find out the PCB. Sallright, still works fine.

that wasn't a requirement and yea you do get an "A" for effort. what can i do to make that up to you? =/

-another world

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:

So just so we're clear, you'd rather fuck with people trying to help you whilst retrieving duplicate reports which you don't want.
Yes it's common sense to not submit something that's already been submit, that's not the issue.
The issue is people mistaking what you're looking for, which is simply identifying all the brands, not surveying everyone's Acekard, it could happen, it did.

QUOTE(Another World @ Mar 28 2010, 11:00 PM) i think in the eyes of the staff at the akaio forum, submitting all missing versions would collect a full list. but they don't want clones submitted, because it isn't a list of clones. again common sense plays a role here. if the card is not on the list the user could *assume* the card is then a clone. however, if you read over there now there is one person who submitted information about a hw44 ak2i with a different chip, an obvious clone. so yea the plot thickens.

-another world

I understand the first post now, but when you type so much, sometimes things escape.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really sure what a PBC is... But my circut board is black. HW: 81 and SVN: 803

hope that helps!!!

If that is not the PBC can sombody show me what to look for? Do I have to open my card?

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to find both numbers without taking them apart? I bought 6 AK2i's back in December from realhotstuff and they all run AKAIO 1.6 RC2 perfectly.

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
cman1783 said:
Is there a way to find both numbers without taking them apart? I bought 6 AK2i's back in December from realhotstuff and they all run AKAIO 1.6 RC2 perfectly.

uh, you run the acekard on your DS, press start and select "help". you don't have to take them apart >_>

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope someone can clarify for me... I purchased my Acekard 2i about a year ago, I haven't had much trouble with it and I'm hoping it stays that way. I've checked out the official Acekard site to verify if I have a clone, but I still can't quite tell. Looking at the cart, the side with the sticker, the clone has an outline of a window/chip, and the real one is smooth, is this correct?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Hakoda said:

that wasn't a requirement and yea you do get an "A" for effort. what can i do to make that up to you? =/

-another world
Believe it or not, the broken clip got stuck in the DS so the card wouldn't eject. I spent 5 minutes prying it out and now the AK has scratches on it. I taped down the broken clip and it ejects smoothly. I don't believe the contacts were damaged in anyway. You don't need to make it up to me, you do enough already along with everyone else associated with AKAIO. I just wish I could give something back. I don't know C++ or anything like that and I'm only 15. Sorry.

EDIT: 2 more posts and I get a personalized title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.