Acekard and the DSi

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by user1690, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010

Acekard and the DSi by user1690 at 8:13 PM (1,521 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. user1690
    OP

Newcomer user1690 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys but i noticed something strange, may sound silly but a possible exploit also in the Nintendo DSi handheld.

Every so often when i boot up with the Acekard 2i inserted it will show the AK2i Logo and not Dannt Phantom, of course this results in me getting a "Sorry, a system error occured." message.

But i was wondering, is this an exploit in 1.4 DSi Firmware? Or is the Acekard not seeing my 1.4 Firmware sometimes?

Any suggestions guys? [​IMG]

-Have a nice day [​IMG]

2. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Dont understand you man,

just search for fix for AK2i - it fixes compatibility with DSi FW 1.4 (which dont allow any kind of flashcard - not only ak2i).

OR DID YOU MAKE THE FIX ALREADY AND STILL NOTHING?

3. user1690
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have patched it and stuff, IT WORKS. But every so often, the Acekard 2i logo pops up instead of danny phantom logo, and if i press it i get the whole "Sorry, a system error occured" message, but when i reset, the danny phantom logo appears and acekard works. I have determined my Acekard to be genuine so i know its not fake.

Im ruling it down to the Acekard sometimes not recognising the firmware as 1.4 so it doesnt initialize the nessecary patch or whatever it does to fool the 1.4 firmware.

4. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    That shouldn't be the case though, I'm 99% sure when you flash it with the 1.4 update that it shows up as Danny Phantom on all DS', someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

5. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    No, on a normal DS or DSL, it shows the AK2i icon, not Danny Phantom.

6. user1690
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well im not blind when i see the AK2i icon on my DSi screen. I would video it but when i check the firmware and go back to DSi menu, the Danny phantom icon reappears.

7. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    People have stated this happened to their Acekards before so it must be a slight problem. I guess you could try reflashing it.

8. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    That happened to mine the other day. I just ejected the card and pushed it back in. That seemed to fix the problem.

9. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Nah, he's not talking about a problem. He's talking about a possible exploit.

I faced this "thing" once in a while too.

10. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Same here - only 1 or twice though
    I've read somewhere (although not 100% where) that on switch on the acekard 'passes' info across to DSi to fool it into thinking it's a real card (i.e Danny Phantom) - but occasionally on switch on, the acekard doesn't pass the correct info across (perhaps it doesn't get enough voltage from Dsi at just the right time, or perhaps there's a timing issue) hence the Ak2 icon appears

Because the AK hasn't fooled the DSi - that's why you get the message of 'switch off & try again'

It's not really 'an exploit in 1.4 DSi Firmware' Or 'the Acekard not seeing 1.4 Firmware sometimes?' more like the 'acekard doesn't work quick enough to fool the DSi'

11. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Ahhh, that so. I knew it wasn't an exploit, just an error at Acekard's fault. Because if it isn't, then I'm sure the game icon would pop something else (Like maybe light green box or something).

Moreover, if you flash the AK, the logo information is...... placed away. It doesn't detect a firmware.

12. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    That is not true
    i see danny phantom icon on my ds lite

13. Atashi

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    The DSI queries game cartridges in a slightly different way than the DS / DSL. The Acekards originally just sent their normal header with the AK logo etc, but the firmware upgrade for the 2i sets it so that if it sees the DSI type query, then instead of returning it's own header info it sends the danny phantom info instead.

I've seen mine revert back to the AK logo etc. on a few occasions. Typically after a crash or a reboot, or when the cart isn't seated properly.

It's not really any kind of exploit and I doubt it means the Acekard is having problems, it's just a little glitch that can crop up now and then. Just cycle the power or remove / replace the cart and everything should be fine.

-Atashi

14. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    That's weird... As chance you could post a picture of it as proof ??
    I was always under the impression that the Danny Phantom only appears on DSi's

15. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    That's weird... As chance you could post a picture of it as proof ??
    I was always under the impression that the Danny Phantom only appears on DSi's
    [/quote]
    It only appears as Danny Phantom on my DSi. AK2i logo on my DS Lite.