Acekard (and DSTT) destroys sd cards...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Mach III, Jul 2, 2012.

Jul 2, 2012
  1. Mach III
    OP

Newcomer Mach III Newbie

Norway
    A friend of mine had a DSTT that had been working for along time when suddenly the sd card became corrupt.
    The files on the sd card is still visible on a computer, and I managed to backup the saves on card, but I get veery slow transfer and it was not possible to restore/mormat the card.
    So I replaced it with a new 4GB Sandisk card, and it worked ok for about two weeks, but then the same thing happened again.
    Then I thought it had to be something wrong with the DSTT, so I ordered a new Acekard for him this time, + 4GB Sandisk.
    But it only lasted for one day and the same thing happened again!? What to check now? Could it be the dsi itself that destroys the cards? Any ideas?

2. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    Where are you buying these SD from?
    This should not happen, and probably is the problem with the MicroSD and not with the flashcard,
    it could be a kfake with low quality MicroSD

3. Mach III
    OP

Newcomer Mach III Newbie

Norway
    Thanks for your reply! I guess the sd's could be the problem then, I think I got them from "zhuzhuchina.com" if I remember wright.
    Will try sd from another supplier then...:)

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah unbranded (or Kingston) MicroSDs from china shops are shit.

Guy your MicroSDs from an actual, real, brick-and-mortar store near you that you physically visit, to make sure you're getting legit merchandise.

5. Vampire Lied

Member Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

United States
    I have an acekard2i and scdstwo both with the SD card I bought day 1.
    No problems ever. My conclusion would be It's the quality of the SD you have.
    Flashcarts won't damage your SD card from my experience.
    You can get a good (at least class 4) sandisk 16gb for about $25-30 at most trustworthy retailers.