Acekard 2i update ever happening?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by the mario, Mar 22, 2013.

Mar 22, 2013
  1. the mario
    OP

Member the mario GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently bought one for my v4.5 3DS, not knowing that it wouldn't be compatible. Anyone know if they intend to release an update in the near future? Or have they just stepped out of the game?

2. Tokopimv

Newcomer Tokopimv Advanced Member

Netherlands
    i believe someone from the acekard team confirmed the acekard 2i doesn't have enough power. anyways, it hasn't been updated since september last year, so you're better off buying a supercard dstwo or an r4i gold(look at the stickies for websites)

3. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Acekard 2i cannot be updated anymore, it doesn't have enough space to handle 4.5.0.

4. superrainbow
    This message by superrainbow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Mar 23, 2013
  5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah, the current model is dead. Happened to a lot of other flash carts too, they underestimated the space they'd need to store the requested data.

They could release a new model with more internal space (or a better update procedure like the DSTwo has), but we haven't heard anything.