Acekard 2i stuck on Loading?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by marcosxd, Jul 12, 2011.

Jul 12, 2011

Acekard 2i stuck on Loading? by marcosxd at 11:33 PM (6,545 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. marcosxd
    OP

Newcomer marcosxd Member

Mexico
    I have a problem, I bought an Acekard 2i (original), I tryed it on my 3DS with no luck and when I try to use it on a DS Lite (in order to upgrade it) it is stuck on a black screen with blue/purple Loading text (same as with 3DS)..
    I've tried a lot of things with no success (I am using a generic 4GB Microsd which is ok because I tested it with a R4i SDCH and it works)

- Format microsd using formatting tool
    - Save AKAIO on root
    - Save the Latest firmware upgrade (.nds files to upgrade the fw but it doesn't even load the card)
    - Save AKAIO + Latest firmware
    - Insert the AK2i without microsd
    - Tried several old firmwares

Always stuck in the Loading text

The only thing left is to test it on a DSi, which I don't have access right now.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Try a different SD.

3. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    Have you done a Full format with the SD formatter? Or only quick? It made a difference for me once.

If even that doesn't help, consider spending ~$10 for a brand name microSD

Has the AK2i ever worked? From where did you obtain it?

4. marcosxd
    OP

Newcomer marcosxd Member

Mexico
    Full. I will try to get another micro sd to test but this one is fully working, and the AK2i is brand new, I got it from valuedeluxe.com and it is original (checked it on the homepage).

The very first thing I did with the card was to try it on my 3DS to see if it was compatible, then the whole list I put above... does it make a difference?

5. exangel

United States
    The problem you describe is what happens when nothing is read from the microSD when the Acekard is looking to boot the operating software. If it's not even loading up on your DSLite which will work regardless of whether or not it has the 3DS compatibility update installed, there's something wrong with its ability to read your microSD.

I replicated the error you see by removing my microSD from my Acekard and attempting to load it in my DSi.

I don't know why you're experiencing this error when it works fine in a different flashcart, but it may simply be a quality issue or it may be a fake microSD (mislabeled). Or you may have to request an exchange from the vendor if it won't load any microSD.

Sounds like you did everything else right as possible.

6. marcosxd
    OP

Newcomer marcosxd Member

Mexico
    First of all thanks for your reply.

Just to make sure, what do I have to save on the microSD the first time I boot up AK2i?

Because I tried saving the latest AKAIO on acekard.com (one .nds file and one folder __aio or something like that) and also the Firmware update which is just a .nds file to update the firmware.

7. exangel

United States
    You only need AKAIO to use the AK2i in a DSLite system. You can put the firmware update on the microSD as well, but it won't do anything unless you attempt to run it like you would play a commercial ROM. You can always get the latest AKAIO from the official AKAIO development site at www.akaio.net (Latest release being 1.8.7).

The firmware update (ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds would be the one to run in a DSLite) is needed to use it on 3DS, though I'm not sure the most recent AK2i firmware update will make it work if you have the latest 3DS system firmware (I don't have a 3DS) -- I do know that it is not yet compatible with DSi 1.4.3x so it may still not work on 3DS after updating.

8. marcosxd
    OP

Newcomer marcosxd Member

Mexico
    You ended up being right... I just borrowed a different microSD (from a phone), format it and test it on my 3DS (AKAIO on root) and it worked!

Thanks for your help!:)