Hacking Acekard 2i save corruption

nibbles3d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i looked around and couldn't find anything, so i figured i would make a post about it.
My acekard has recently started corrupting every save file it makes, i have tried 4 different games, and none of them have been able to last more than 2 save file loads. All the save files are .sav, i have tried reformatting and redownloading all files and loaders. I am using an acekard 2i with akaio 1.7 and i have also tried 1.7.1, nothing seems to work. Is there anything that can be done to fix it, or do i just have to buy another card?
The games i tried were Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Digimon World Dawn, 100 Classic Books, and Dragon Quest IX.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me occasionally. I'm not sure why but I've only really had the problem with Acekard. My only advice is to use the SD formatter every time you load a new firmware and back up your .sav's regularly.

pichosse

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
thank you for opening this thread, I was looking for other people having these kinds of saves problems, because I do.
My Acekard is new, bought from Shoptemp. I've upgraded the firmware myself in order to use it with an DS XL.
The card works fine, but every other day, I'm losing a save. The games are totally different from yours, though.
I'm gonna follow your advice, sdformat my microsd card, and reload all my files. If everything goes as planned, I'll tell, if not, I'll come back also.
Good night people,

nibbles3d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so I tried all of the suggestions and I only use the automatic save slot. It worked once or twice with dragon quest, then didn't even have a message saying it was deleted, the save just wasn't there and i had to create a new one.
This only started happening when i got akaio 1.7 and updated my dsi and acekard to 1.4. At first i thought something went wrong while flashing my card, could that be a possibility?
Also i know the game works normally cause i have been playing it fine on my gf's ds lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...