Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
When will the AK2i team add dsi mode into their flashcart? Once they do, im buying it straight away. ( I dont like the cylcods as much at acekart, because this has a much better menu)... I bet Nintendo will block all of these after a month. Those many cards running? Doesnt make sense. The only reasons why nintendo won't block these straight away is because ds mode may be worthless to them, or they are thinking that this will give them money, as more people will buy the 3ds because of these flashcarts

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
When will the AK2i team add dsi mode into their flashcart? Once they do, im buying it straight away. ( I dont like the cylcods as much at acekart, because this has a much better menu)... I bet Nintendo will block all of these after a month. Those many cards running? Doesnt make sense. The only reasons why nintendo won't block these straight away is because ds mode may be worthless to them, or they are thinking that this will give them money, as more people will buy the 3ds because of these flashcarts
They're probably going to bypass DSi mode completely and put full focus on 3DS. They'll need to if Nintendo's claims are true(and I hope they are).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Rydian said:
It's another excuse for Nintendo to sue them.

So they don't use Nintendo's IP.
Fine then.

Load up my AK2i and see Sonic Rush or Phoenix Wright or something, idk.

If my theory is right (it probably isn't), Nintendo wouldn't be able to do much since blocking a flashcart using that header would involve blocking a high-profile game, which would end in nerdrage, more than anything else.
They may then encourage them to sue.

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
idulkoan said:
They're probably going to bypass DSi mode completely and put full focus on 3DS. They'll need to if Nintendo's claims are true(and I hope they are).
oh ok.. Yea mee tooo I hope the claims are true, so that we actually get some good games out there, not just those boring lil kid games that can be easily sold to 10 year olds....

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
idulkoan said:
I doubt the AK2i hardware can handle a dual bootstrap like on iEvo. The flash memory is probably too small.
There is already not enough room for the new AAP mode (cluster size increased because of this) ...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mbmax said:
idulkoan said:
I doubt the AK2i hardware can handle a dual bootstrap like on iEvo. The flash memory is probably too small.
There is already not enough room for the new AAP mode (cluster size increased because of this) ...
Yeah, also, if NINTY successfully blocks the flashcard, then the bootstrap can still be updated, so the iEVO card works again.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg Fake!
tongue.gif

Has any other team got into DSi mode besides cyclo yet?

D

Deleted-273695

Eon-Rider said:
I'll be damned if it gets released after the US release of the 3DS but before the Australian release and it gets blocked.

I hate it when people ignore Australians.
Same.
Hoping that it won't be blocked or I will get angry.
I'd lol if my old 1.1 edge cart worked on the 3DS
biggrin.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Eon-Rider said:
I'll be damned if it gets released after the US release of the 3DS but before the Australian release and it gets blocked.

I hate it when people ignore Australians.
i highly doubt nintendo would be able to recall, update and re-ship all australian stock in the 4 days between NA and AUS launch dates...

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again another card wich is working? Whats up with the DSTWO being blocked, and other, (r4 clone) good cards are running.

By the way, what was the game that was playing in the video, it looked sorta nice.

Whisky1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The guys at Nintendo are really clever
smile.gif
. Now that the new console is out and expensive they want people to buy it. And piracy is a great strategy to sell consoles in millions (PS2 for example). After the initial fuss will pass probably they will block all piracy with software updates but I am sure that with the 3DS console that comes with an SD card slot and the standard slot-1 card there will be many workarounds to play 3DS and DS backups, probably without even needing a flash cart (softmods and loaders).

So yes I will probaly buy the console, not now but around Xmas for sure. Hell I am 30 years old and I still get very excited when I hear Mario 3DS and Zelda 3DS....probaly there is something wrong with me
smile.gif

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
TehSkull said:
Why don't flash cart teams use high-profile games for their header info?

What's Nintendo gonna do if AceKards look like Pokemon Black?
(Btw, does anyone know what happens if you play a legit copy of a game that Nintendo's already blocked like Danny Phantom Urban Jungle?)
Exactly what I've always asked myself. 0.0 . . .

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i actually tried to email Supercard team like 2 days ago, i got a reply,

They didnt say anything about working on anything, this is what they said.
QUOTE said:
thank you for your support.
don't worry about supercard, it will continue be the best one in the future.

Thats all they said

They probably are working their asses off to get DSi mode and the card to work on the 3DS, but they probably are waitiing till the US one. which is kind of good.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now that's great news. I'll get an AK2i just for that, when it's ready.
smile.gif
(I just love Acekard and AKAIO)

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TheTwoR's said:
TehSkull said:
Why don't flash cart teams use high-profile games for their header info?

What's Nintendo gonna do if AceKards look like Pokemon Black?
(Btw, does anyone know what happens if you play a legit copy of a game that Nintendo's already blocked like Danny Phantom Urban Jungle?)
Exactly what I've always asked myself. 0.0 . . .

They don't completely block those games, they certainly only do higher checks (the DSi/3DS just ask some extra data from the cartridge for those games, since the cartridge have 100% of the data it works, but the flashcart which simulate only around 4MB of the game data fails to give those data.).

This is why the flashcarts maker change game icon almost at each firmware update, since they can't enhance the flashcart built in memory, if the game now ask for more data than the flashcart can contain, they just choose another game.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are full of crap...I believe they got it running fine, but IMO, they are not releasing it because wood is an AK2 clone....they don't wanna see wood-enabled R4's running on 3ds before US launch by borrowing any of their code. Bogarts!! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: