Acekard 2i Questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gary kiila, Apr 27, 2010.

Apr 27, 2010

Acekard 2i Questions by Gary kiila at 3:14 AM (1,749 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Gary kiila
    OP

Newcomer Gary kiila Advanced Member

United States
    Is the Acekard the most frequently patched to play new games compared to other carts? Do all the Castevanias, Pokemons, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 work? Does it have an allright media player( not that big of a deal if not, cause i got a psp)? Do most homebrew work? Mainly a pdf and comic reader? I'm looking at places to buy it and im currently looking at 0shipping.com, is it good and are the carts legit? And do carts break often or can i expect to have my cart for a very long time [​IMG]? Also are Kingston 4GB SD cards good quality? About to be a first time cart owner [​IMG] ? Oh Yea, tell me any cons of the Acekard2i if any compared to other carts and I have a DS Phat, if that is important.

2. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    Also do you think i need a 4GB card? How many games is that?

3. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    Yes acekard2i is the most frequently patched to play new games compared to other carts if you're using akAIO.
    Yes all the games you listed are working with acekard2i if you're using akAIO.
    Yep, most homebrews working with acekard2i.
    Yes, it has so-so media player (actually Music Player [​IMG]), but if you want better download MoonShell2.
    No PDF and Comic reader come with acekard2i, you must download the homebrews first.
    Try ShopTemp.com (GBATEMP.net affiliates); tk_saturn says its (0sz) good so maybe its good [​IMG]
    Yes, acekard2i come with good card quality (tk_saturn says it around 1-2 years, i already used it for 1 year now; dont have any problems)
    Kingston 4GB SD is good choice.
    No RTS, RTG, SW, Free cheat.
    Hope this help [​IMG]

Well, 4GB is enough for 60-80 Games (not trimmed) with akAIO/ its OS. tk_saturn says its 50-100 games (if trimmed).
    Good NDS Trimmer is NDS Tokyo Trimmer [​IMG]

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Hard to tell, but with a fair amount of use the average lifespan of an Acekard 2i seems to be around 1-2 years.

Yes those games work.

No media player is included, you'll have to use moonshell.

Yes 0SZ are a decent retailer, and yes their carts are genuine. If you have a DS Phat, then you can get an Acekard 2.1 from them which isn't from the 'bad batch'. http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-acekard-p-285.html

Kingston cards are quality, if they are Class 4 Japan cards.

Cons: No real times saves, No real time guide, no slow motion.

It depends on the games, a 4GB card will normally store 50-100 ROMS if they are trimmed.

5. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    Thank you so much for the fast replies. Im getting the 2i instead of the 2.1 because there only like $1 apart on 0shipping [​IMG]. So are the memory cards from 0shipping good and how fast is shipping? I think ive heard 2 weeks, this correct cause that would be perfect( Halo Reach Beta next week [​IMG] and have to finish my AP exam a couple days after that [​IMG] ).

6. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    yea, buy acekard2i is better because you don't need to upgrade your ak2i again if you want to upgrade your ds to dsi / dsixl / 3ds. well don't forget to download akAIO! [​IMG]
    anyway idk much about 0shippinzone.com ask tk_saturn [​IMG]

7. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    Thank you so much. You've been such a great help. I can't believe the DS modding scene is still up and running this much even after how many years that it's been out. This is great and can't wait to join the modding scene.

8. nycsam786

Member nycsam786 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The AK2i will take whatever you mentioned that you want to throw at it. It is a great card and I have bought several for friends and family. I think you will love the card and it is easy to use as well. Enjoy it and good luck with your exams.

9. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback.

10. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Really only 1 to 2 years? What happens after that? Do the springs break or?

11. Gary kiila
    OP

United States
    I'm guessin that's just an average. Like i think a tv or computer is like 5 years. But I have had a tv and my computer for more than 5 years. Hope that helps.

12. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I take care of my stuff better than most tho

13. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    How many games you can store depends on which games they are. Some DS games are only 16 megabytes, while some are 256 (and there's one or two japanese games that are 512). However the 128/256 ones are usually the large/3D RPG games, most DS games are about 32 megs in size. I have ~80 games on my 8GB card, and I've also got some homebrew, music, videos, and every NES game released in the US...

And I have perhaps a couple hundred megs to spare.

So you'll be fine with 4 gigs. ^^