loulybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my new Acekard 2i today, and i already have problems with it
frown.gif

I can't press the start button on my dsi or on the acekard 2i because it makes the acekard 2i freeze and i have to restart. This means i cannot soft reset, which is annoying
frown.gif

The theme is also all messed up, the bottom screen being plain black and the top plain blue. Im using the default themes on the card, yet because of the earlier mentioned problem (no start button), i cannot change my theme to see if it's just my theme

As i said, my Acekard 2i is brand new, has the AKAIO 1.5.1 menu, i have a European DSi (v1.4e) and have flashed the card with the fix

Can anyone help, or is it faulty?

loulybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used those loaders in the first place, and i cannot find the globalsettings.ini, where is it usually loacated?

loulybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmmm, maybe thats my problem, i dont have that file, can you direct me to a place that has all of the files needed for my acekard 2i?

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
globalsettings.ini is located right under the _aio folder.

The line you wan't to edit is uiName = SkinNameHere

You will wan't to change that skin to one you know that works, by typing the exact name of the folder into that line.

loulybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not have the globalsettings.ini file fullstop. Do you know where i can get ALL the files i need for my acekard 2i?

EDIT: I just re-downloaded the AKAIO 1.5 files again from the official Acekard website and there is still no globalsettings.ini
frown.gif

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loulybob said:
I do not have the globalsettings.ini file fullstop. Do you know where i can get ALL the files i need for my acekard 2i?

EDIT: I just re-downloaded the AKAIO 1.5 files again from the official Acekard website and there is still no globalsettings.ini
frown.gif

The Global settings file gets created by itself when you first boot up your acekard for the first time. Your card could be corrupted, meaning as it does not create global settings.ini.

You may have a faulty acekard.

Something seems to be very wrong with your acekard, especially since there is no GlobalSettings.ini. That file is required for a lot of functions on the AK to work, such as changing skins and going to start.

loulybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh...I'll see if i can send it back then, because it is getting very annoying and i have only had it for one day
frown.gif

Thanks anyway, bac3609, because atleast now i know its faulty and not something i did wrong

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heres a link to the latest AKAIO 1.5.1 firmware.

The GlobalSettings.ini file should be packaged along with it.
AKAIO 1.5.1 (Linfoxdomain)

If that file disappears every time you reboot your Acekard, that means that either.

A. You have a faulty/bad MicroSD card, or one that is corrupted (Get everything you can off of it, and reformat it with the Panasonic SD Formatter. Choose quick format, and if that doesn't fix your problem try full format (It will take a long time, I can assure you that much)

Again do not worry about the notice at the bottom, I have downloaded this nifty utility time and time again and have never been infected, its just in case you have one of those overly sensitive Anti-Virus programs

B. Your Acekard2i is faulty, which means it needs to be replaced.

loulybob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will need to get it replaced, because before i used the acekard 2i in the fist place i formatted it, using full format, so i cannot see it being the memory card
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion