Acekard 2i Problems

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by loulybob, Jan 20, 2010.

Jan 20, 2010

Acekard 2i Problems by loulybob at 10:45 PM (1,370 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. loulybob
    OP

Newcomer loulybob Newbie

United Kingdom
    I got my new Acekard 2i today, and i already have problems with it [​IMG]

I can't press the start button on my dsi or on the acekard 2i because it makes the acekard 2i freeze and i have to restart. This means i cannot soft reset, which is annoying [​IMG]

The theme is also all messed up, the bottom screen being plain black and the top plain blue. Im using the default themes on the card, yet because of the earlier mentioned problem (no start button), i cannot change my theme to see if it's just my theme

As i said, my Acekard 2i is brand new, has the AKAIO 1.5.1 menu, i have a European DSi (v1.4e) and have flashed the card with the fix

Can anyone help, or is it faulty?

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Re-install the AKAIO firmware with the correct loaders from http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

If that doesn't work, go into the __aio folder and edit globalsettings.ini and change the skin to another skin!

3. loulybob
    OP

Newcomer loulybob Newbie

United Kingdom
    I used those loaders in the first place, and i cannot find the globalsettings.ini, where is it usually loacated?

4. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Directly inside the __aio directory.

5. loulybob
    OP

Newcomer loulybob Newbie

United Kingdom
    hmmmm, maybe thats my problem, i dont have that file, can you direct me to a place that has all of the files needed for my acekard 2i?

6. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    globalsettings.ini is located right under the _aio folder.

The line you wan't to edit is uiName = SkinNameHere

You will wan't to change that skin to one you know that works, by typing the exact name of the folder into that line.

7. loulybob
    OP

Newcomer loulybob Newbie

United Kingdom
    I do not have the globalsettings.ini file fullstop. Do you know where i can get ALL the files i need for my acekard 2i?

EDIT: I just re-downloaded the AKAIO 1.5 files again from the official Acekard website and there is still no globalsettings.ini [​IMG]

8. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    The Global settings file gets created by itself when you first boot up your acekard for the first time. Your card could be corrupted, meaning as it does not create global settings.ini.

You may have a faulty acekard.

Something seems to be very wrong with your acekard, especially since there is no GlobalSettings.ini. That file is required for a lot of functions on the AK to work, such as changing skins and going to start.

9. loulybob
    OP

Newcomer loulybob Newbie

United Kingdom
    Oh...I'll see if i can send it back then, because it is getting very annoying and i have only had it for one day [​IMG]

Thanks anyway, bac3609, because atleast now i know its faulty and not something i did wrong

10. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Heres a link to the latest AKAIO 1.5.1 firmware.

The GlobalSettings.ini file should be packaged along with it.
    AKAIO 1.5.1 (Linfoxdomain)

If that file disappears every time you reboot your Acekard, that means that either.

A. You have a faulty/bad MicroSD card, or one that is corrupted (Get everything you can off of it, and reformat it with the Panasonic SD Formatter. Choose quick format, and if that doesn't fix your problem try full format (It will take a long time, I can assure you that much)

Again do not worry about the notice at the bottom, I have downloaded this nifty utility time and time again and have never been infected, its just in case you have one of those overly sensitive Anti-Virus programs

B. Your Acekard2i is faulty, which means it needs to be replaced.

11. loulybob
    OP

Newcomer loulybob Newbie

United Kingdom
    I will need to get it replaced, because before i used the acekard 2i in the fist place i formatted it, using full format, so i cannot see it being the memory card [​IMG]