Hacking Acekard 2i OR iEdge?

Saddamsdevil

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
571
Trophies
0
XP
255
Country
Yes.

Edit: Just get an Acekard, all the cool kids are doing it.

(and its cheap enough to not find it a huge letdown if you dont like it)
 

elixirdream

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
10,007
Trophies
0
Location
6th Dimention
Website
Visit site
XP
103
Country
Malaysia
i would prefer ak2i over iEDGE
smile.gif
 

Leonidas

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
479
Trophies
0
Age
40
Location
sLOVEnia
XP
89
Country
Slovenia
taken said:
To many loaders and what not for the ak2i. What I heard the ak2i is cheaper.Too many loaders? It's either the official kernel or AKAIO. And AKAIO is better. So how hard can it possibly be?

QUOTE(N64Temp @ Mar 30 2010, 01:44 PM) I bricked an AK2i around November last year and I ordered a new one but I still got 1 iEdge so I think the AK2i has better chance of bricking.
The question is, which one you have been using more? But I would agree, Acekard 2i does have a rather flimsy case (Acekards are known to have contact issues), and their spring loaded slots are not of the best quality either. I could not say that their internal hardware is any more prone to expiration than any other cart though. My Ak2i seems to be as good as new, and it's been almost a year now. Even if it dies tomorrow, I would not be unhappy, as I've already finished several hundred dollars worth of games on a $20 cart.
 

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
1,282
Trophies
0
Age
23
Location
Dundalk
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
223
Country
Leonidas said:
taken said:
To many loaders and what not for the ak2i. What I heard the ak2i is cheaper.Too many loaders? It's either the official kernel or AKAIO. And AKAIO is better. So how hard can it possibly be?

QUOTE(N64Temp @ Mar 30 2010, 01:44 PM) I bricked an AK2i around November last year and I ordered a new one but I still got 1 iEdge so I think the AK2i has better chance of bricking.
The question is, which one you have been using more? But I would agree, Acekard 2i does have a rather flimsy case (Acekards are known to have contact issues), and their spring loaded slots are not of the best quality either. I could not say that their internal hardware is any more prone to expiration than any other cart though. My Ak2i seems to be as good as new, and it's been almost a year now. Even if it dies tomorrow, I would not be unhappy, as I've already finished several hundred dollars worth of games on a $20 cart.
I would actually be using the AK2i more so it's not really a fair compraison.
 

TheChosenBanana

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
122
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Croatia
XP
157
Country
Croatia
lenselijer said:
get the iEdge, microsd slot without a spring is much more reliable, i had plenty of acekards back with broken springs
frown.gif
sorry but I have to tell you this:when i got my ak2i it didn't have a spring,just take it in and out(microSD),like on a R4 xD ,and one day my friend was looking at my ak2i and he was about to put the sd in the ak2i,i said wrong side!! when i grabbed the ak2i it suddenly had the spring,at some point the spring got activated. Just wierd.

EDIT: double post SORRY!
frown.gif
 

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
627
Trophies
0
Age
25
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
731
Country
Croatia
TheChosenBanana said:
Get the Acekard2i,iEDGE is a clone from the CycloDS.
You make it look like it's a bad thing, it is the best "clone" card
tongue.gif

P.S. - next time just edit your last post instead of posting another one and saying you're sorry
 

Saddamsdevil

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
571
Trophies
0
XP
255
Country
TheChosenBanana said:
lenselijer said:
get the iEdge, microsd slot without a spring is much more reliable, i had plenty of acekards back with broken springs
frown.gif
sorry but I have to tell you this:when i got my ak2i it didn't have a spring,just take it in and out(microSD),like on a R4 xD ,and one day my friend was looking at my ak2i and he was about to put the sd in the ak2i,i said wrong side!! when i grabbed the ak2i it suddenly had the spring,at some point the spring got activated. Just wierd.

Sounds like your friend really likes the spring-less carts and was a magician.

I would check his house if I were you.
tongue.gif
 

taken

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
520
Trophies
0
Location
United Kingdom
XP
121
Country
TheChosenBanana said:
Get the Acekard2i,iEDGE is a clone from the CycloDS.
The Edge is a clone of the Cyclods. But a great clone.

But TC haven't made a Cyclods that runs on a DSi. But team EDGE has. So it not a clone of the Cyclods.
 

Leonidas

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
479
Trophies
0
Age
40
Location
sLOVEnia
XP
89
Country
Slovenia
vinld said:
so from all the comments i would get an acekard 2i!
what is this spring loded cart everyone was talking about???
Duh! It's not the cart that is spring loaded, it's the micro SD slot. It's just a mechanism used to eject your micro SD out of the slot. It's more comfortable,but also more prone to breaking.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    IanSkinner1982 @ IanSkinner1982: I don't like scary games as much.