Hacking Acekard 2i or Acekard 2.1?

Des_Kaje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know whether this has been posted anywhere before, excuse me (or lock/delete this thread) if so.

Because I'm still working with my ancient Supercard Lite I want to buy a new flashcard. I will wait for the hands-on review of the SCDS2 before making any purchase, but I've noticed that the Acekard is a good option too. The only thing that wasn't really clear to me is what the exact differences are between the Acekard 2.1 and the Acekard 2i (with exception of the fact that the 2i is DSi compatible). So, can anyone of you tell me these differences, or tell me what would be the best choice? I have a DS Lite, not a DSi. Thanks in advance.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
no noticeable difference they run the same firmware so the only difference is dsi compatibility

so if you think you will get a dsi at some point get a ak2i

plus there not much difference in price

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would recommend the AK2i.
Obviously it's compatible with the DSi, but it's also a safer purchase.
There's that bad batch of AK2.1 getting around lately, I'm not sure how likely that still is though.

I've heard 2i's are more reliable than 2.1's, but I can't say for myself.

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
The Pi said:
plus there not much difference in price

QUOTE(RupeeClock @ May 10 2010, 06:54 PM) Obviously it's compatible with the DSi, but it's also a safer purchase.
There's that bad batch of AK2.1 getting around lately, I'm not sure how likely that still is though.

Those are the reasons I bought an AK2i over a 2.1... when I was looking the difference in price between then was $1, and there's not a lot you can buy for $1 nowadays.

Des_Kaje

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the info. The difference in price indeed is negligible, so that won't hold me back buying a 2i. The only thing what really mattered to me were the possible differences between the two, but seeing as they're exactly the same (with exception of DSi compatibility) there aren't any, which means I would definitely go for the 2i. The fact that there are some fake 2.1's on the market also concerns me.

So thanks again, I'll wait for the SCDS2 anyway, but now I'm sure which Acekard to take if the SCDS2 turns out to be expensive garbage (which will be unlikely, but who knows).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off