Hacking Acekard 2i not loading .sav files

Love-STER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried doing my own research and everything and I couldn't find anything so I was hoping someone can help me.

What had happened was that I got the new firmware for the acekard 2i. When I tried opening up a game (example: Pokemon) it won't bring me to the screen where I can pick me saved game. It keeps on starting the game over like I never played it. When I checked my files the save file is there. I tried reverting back to my old firmware and it still won't load the save file.

If anyone can help me that'll be much appreciated. Thanks

Love-STER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried both ways and I can't seem to get it to run. The .sav files are lower cased. It worked before I switched firmware. Not quite sure what's going on

posikevin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same thing happened to me
frown.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's starting a new game fresh, then it must be creating a second save.

If you save on this new game, will it reload from that save? if so find that save, delete it and rename your previous save to it's filename. If it's using a new save and your old save is still there, then they must be different filenames.

gimmeaipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
in the settings on your ak2i is the save type set as .sav? or is it set to nds.sav? also make sure your save files arent .SAV they need to be .sav

Is there a fast way to rename all my .SAV files to .sav quickly?

edit:
ren *.SAV *.sav

Love-STER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After much experimenting and taking tk_saturns advice it all worked out.

It came down to that, my old save files were "nds.sav" and the new save games were saving as ".sav" files only. so all I did was just rename my old "nds.sav" to the new ".sav" files.

Thanks tk_saturn and everyone else for the help, much appreciated.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're to lazy to rename every file here's a quick batch file. Place in root directoey on your SD card and double click. It will rename all the nds.sav and .SAV files to .sav on the SD card including those in subdirectories.

Otherwise there's an option under system settings to change the default save type back to nds.sav. It effected 1.5.1 when you reverted back because 1.6 saved the default save type in globalsettings.ini.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...