Acekard 2i Newbie

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by lcdec, May 18, 2010.

May 18, 2010

Acekard 2i Newbie by lcdec at 2:22 PM (1,173 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. lcdec
    OP

Newcomer lcdec Advanced Member

United States
    Does the Acekard 2i play pokemon platinum, heart gold, or soul silver with out any problems? I have a DSTT right now [​IMG].
    Are there any games that the Acekard 2i have trouble running? Lastly, does the GBAtemp's official store ShopTemp sell official and legit Acekard 2i flashcarts? Thanks.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    The Acekard 2i will play all games released so far with AKAIO. ShopTemp sells official Acekards.

3. lcdec
    OP

Newcomer lcdec Advanced Member

United States
    THANK YOU.

4. dbspanks

Newcomer dbspanks Advanced Member

United States
    I just got my 2 new AK2i's and just set them both up an dupdated them both to 1.4 for dsi, and I will have to say it was very easy to do, I followed the tut in this forum. This firmware easy for my to navigate as I am familiar with Wood for r4.

5. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Does wood r4 look like akaio? Cause the sceenshots make them look the same. If so why do the look the same?

6. coattails

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Wood R4 is basically AKAIO for R4. They're both based off the Acekard RPG SDK so they have the same features and aesthetics.

In fact, they even use the same skins.

7. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    The only real difference is that WoodR4 has less amazing options along with some nice changes (particularly the icon images is something I like, since they can all be in one folder instead of in the same folder as the file you are trying to cover over).

8. firespike8

Newcomer firespike8 Member

Canada
    Yeah I believe shoptemp sells legit cards since they are affiliated with gbatemp. However I would recommend simplymods as the prices are about the same (micro sd's cost a bit more but are higher class) and the site is completely legit. Plus you could get a discount on it by earning store credit by performing trivial tasks like posting a tweet on twitter about them. I got my ak2i from them and it works great, oh and did I forget to mention their grade A customer service?

All the current games should work fine on ak2i like Gordinio said.

9. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States

Negative... Multiple games released in the last several weeks do not work on Akaio without the games themselves being patched. Call me a purist... or a jerk, but I only put clean games on my card. I can't stand using patched ones.