Acekard 2i help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Holmesd, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Holmesd
    OP

Holmesd Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2011
    My Acekard 2i used to work but thanks to the latest, apparently very insignificant, update for the 3DS, it no longer works, and I can't figure out how to solve the problem. Now, whenever I try to access the card through my 3DS (and, indeed, my DSi), all I get is the 'An error has occurred...' screen. Can someone please tell me, step by step, what I need to do to get it working again? Thanks.

2. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    You are stuck. Ninty blocked the AK2i. Wait for the AK team to release a new firmware fix. However you can only run this update on a DS/L or a dsi/3ds that is not blocked. There is a tutorial in the DS - Acekard subsection of this forum written by tk_saturn.

Again you will have to wait for a update from the Acekard team

Edit: vv yes my bad, was thinking of 1.4.3. I need to get some sleep.

3. Buleste

Buleste Old Fart

Dec 19, 2010
    According to the AceKard website there is a fix for the AceKard for 3DS firmware 2.1 and DSi1.4.2 available here. However as you have already updated your card you need to use a DS/DSl to update the firmware on your AceKard so that it will work on your 3DS.

4. Holmesd
    OP

Holmesd Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2011
    My console is Firmware version 2.1.0-3E, and according to reports, the AK2i works fine on it.

5. Holmesd
    OP

Holmesd Member

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2011
    But when I run it on my DSi, the exact same thing happens (And yes, I have dragged and dropped the update file first).

6. marcosxd

marcosxd Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2011
    Mexico
    You need to update using a DS or DS Lite.

7. jwcgator

jwcgator GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2007
    United States
    If your acekard icon is still a japanese game, then you need to update it for the newest 3ds firmware. If it's Chessmaster, then idk.