Acekard 2i help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ibetheelmo, Apr 20, 2010.

1. ibetheelmo
    OP

ibetheelmo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    So I ordered a Acekard2i and just got it in the mail today. Opened it up, put the offical firmware stuff on it (the _ak2 and akmenu4.nds) on the root menu and the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds files on as well.
    It showed up on my ds lite, so i went and started the DSL.nds update. it completed and i restarted the system. Then i put the acekard in my dsi and it didnt show anything, so i put it back in my dslite, did the update again, then took it out again when finished. But now i get 'No ds card inserted' if i put it in EITHER system! help!

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    You could have a contact issue, as is already explained in detail in the guide.

It's also possible you did a bad flash. You used the wrong files, you should have used ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds. I made it as clear as possible that is the update to use, why did you still use ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds?

3. ibetheelmo
    OP

ibetheelmo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Saw a different website and followed their directions and downloads. Regretting it now.
    I don't think its a contact issue. Tried the paper thing.

Well can you help me out then cause its probably a bad flash. How can I remedy this without forking over more money and waiting more days for a second to come?

4. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    As i've said, follow the guide on here. Use the 'sliding trick'.

As for unbricking, again it's in the guide.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103

I'm not gonna repeat what i've already said in that guide, It's repetitive.

5. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    If you have another flashcart, run the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds on it, and insert the bricked Acekard when it instructs you to reinsert the Acekard. That way, you can re-flash the card. But if you don't have another flashcart, you're out of luck (Just get another Acekard).

6. ibetheelmo
    OP

ibetheelmo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Ok, thanks!
    Yeah I have a friend with a R4 card for her ds lite

7. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Yup, I opened the link that tk_saturn posted, and this is the picture where you take out the R4 and put in the Acekard:
    [​IMG]

And you should turn off the DS at this prompt:
    [​IMG]