Hacking acekard 2i hanged on Progress 0%, now blocked

jjboogie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm new to both 3ds and the forum, so I hope I haven't done anything terribly wrong.

I just got a 3ds from amazon, which has firmware 2.1.0-3, and an acekard 2i from chipspain.com, which I had read was reliable (I'm in Europe). I've placed the bootloader updater (ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSi_and_DSXL_and3DS.nds from acekard.com) in the root of the sd card, and then also latest akaio (from akaio.net) - i.e. the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds files.

So, I fired up the 3ds, clicked on the Dorasu icon, selected "SD card" and then the bootloader updater. I got the blue screen, pressed start but the Progress remained hanged on 0%. After a while, like 10 minutes, I clicked home, closed the program. Now I don't see any icon where I saw the Dorasu one, it's like if no card were inserted. I tried reformatting the sd card and reputting the files on it, but still the Acekard card is not seen.

Have I done something wrong or is my Acerkard a clone/fake? On top of the blue screen it said this of the card: chip id: 0fc2 hw:8181. I've read mixed opinions of this id online, some say it's actually an R4 masked as an Acerkard and were able to flash R4 firmware on it, others say it's genuine Acerkard...

Anyway, can I do something about my card? I only possess this card and the 3ds....

Anti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with dslite. seriously. its not worth the hassle keeping up with a dynamic system like the 3ds. i just picked up a lite for $80 USD for my acekard (was useless since dsi) at a gamestop near me (used) but a new price would be only $100 USD. 3ds is nice.. but way too overrated.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you enter the Anti-Counterfeit code on the Acekard website? If so, did it say it was fake?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you check the security code that resides below the silver sticker on the back of the flash card? Get the number and check to see if it has ever been checked before (which would mean it is a clone) at acekard.com

edit: Damn :ninja: 'd by frogboy, BUT frogboy it doesn't say fake or real at the acekard website. It only shows how many times the security code was checked. If it doesn't say "1" it's a clone for sure.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You have a chance to recover it by swapping+reflashing. You can only do this if you have a ds phat/lite and another working flashcart (doesn't have to be another ak2i). Boot the updater on the other flashcart and swap the cart to the bricked ak2i, when prompted to do so.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re he can also use a DSi. He is updating for 3DS firmware so a DSi that sees the acekard 2i can also be used to run the update. Sheesh...It's unforgivable that I have had to answer that question all too many times, due to members here saying you need a DS or a DS Lite to perform an upgrade.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re he can also use a DSi. He is updating for 3DS firmware so a DSi that sees the acekard 2i can also be used to run the update. Sheesh...It's unforgivable that I have had to answer that question all too many times, due to members here saying you need a DS or a DS Lite to perform an upgrade.

So, I fired up the 3ds, clicked on the Dorasu icon, selected "SD card" and then the bootloader updater. I got the blue screen, pressed start but the Progress remained hanged on 0%. After a while, like 10 minutes, I clicked home, closed the program. Now I don't see any icon where I saw the Dorasu one, it's like if no card were inserted. I tried reformatting the sd card and reputting the files on it, but still the Acekard card is not seen.
The problem is that a dsi/3ds (nor a phat/lite) won't read the ak2i. The only way to recuperate the cart is by swapping, which doesn't work on a dsi/3ds (automatically eliminating both). Please read.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think tis the software , does it work on other devices? either way i think you may want to try the paper trick just in case, http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/
i think it may have just had contact issues

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUT frogboy it doesn't say fake or real at the acekard website. It only shows how many times the security code was checked. If it doesn't say "1" it's a clone for sure.
If it's checked over 10 times, it'll say it's fake ;)

Also, no response from the OP? Disappointing.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I dont think tis the software , does it work on other devices? either way i think you may want to try the paper trick just in case, http://gbatemp.net/t...contact-issues/
Since this occurred just after updating, I'm pretty certain it is a software problem (meaning, it's bricked). Contact issue (interfering the read/write process) might have been a problem that caused the malfunction in the first place, though, so it'll be useful when the OP has found a means to recover his/her ak2i.

@OP also, never use the built-in formatter; use this formatter instead: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
An HWID 8181 means that it's one of the newer batches of ak2i's that are capable of being updated, so you don't have to worry about it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
did you check the security code that resides below the silver sticker on the back of the flash card? Get the number and check to see if it has ever been checked before (which would mean it is a clone) at acekard.com

edit: Damn :ninja: 'd by frogboy, BUT frogboy it doesn't say fake or real at the acekard website. It only shows how many times the security code was checked. If it doesn't say "1" it's a clone for sure.
Some retailers tend to check whether the ak2i is genuine or fake before sending, so that's not necessarily true.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a 3ds from amazon, which has firmware 2.1.0-3, and an acekard 2i from chipspain.com, which I had read was reliable (I'm in Europe). I've placed the bootloader updater (ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSi_and_DSXL_and3DS.nds from acekard.com) in the root of the sd card, and then also latest akaio (from akaio.net) - i.e. the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds files.

So, I fired up the 3ds ...

Maybe I have misunderstood all the stuff I have read on here about flashcards and the 3DS but ... aren't you supposed to update the flashcard's firmware on a DSL or DSi and then put it in the 3DS ?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

So, I fired up the 3ds ...

Maybe I have misunderstood all the stuff I have read on here about flashcards and the 3DS but ... aren't you supposed to update the flashcard's firmware on a DSL or DSi and then put it in the 3DS ?
From what I read, I think the OP meant that the ak2i bricked when he/she updated on a 3ds. You can update fine on a 3ds, as long as the firmware is low enough for the ak2i to run on that specific firmware.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think tis the software , does it work on other devices? either way i think you may want to try the paper trick just in case, http://gbatemp.net/t...contact-issues/
Since this occurred just after updating, I'm pretty certain it is a software problem (meaning, it's bricked). Contact issue (interfering the read/write process) might have been a problem that caused the malfunction in the first place, though, so it'll be useful when the OP has found a means to recover his/her ak2i.

@OP also, never use the built-in formatter; use this formatter instead: https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_3/
An HWID 8181 means that it's one of the newer batches of ak2i's that are capable of being updated, so you don't have to worry about it.
yea i kno but thats my main problem all my acekard 2i's (3) need the paper trick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.