Hacking AceKard 2i from Lightake isn't working with new DSi

JasonK94Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just recieved 2 new Acekard 2i carts from Lightake today.
New DSi's from this past Christmas. The orange and green ones.
Using a Dane-Elec Micro SD card in it. Formatted using Panasonics program.
Downloaded the 2 files from AKAIO 1.8.5 to the sd card, inserted sd card into the Acekard 2i, Acekard 2i installed in to the new DSi.
Chose the picture of the Acekard 2i on the main menu, and get a black screen with a warning that says:
"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."
hate2.gif

It does this with either of the 2 Acekard 2i's that I purchased. So what to do now? I hope there is an easy fix that I can do from my computer here, or perhaps Lightake needs to send me a couple of cards that actually work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. New to the DS mods, but have succesfully modded our Wii.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you ABSOLUTELY have no access to a DS Phat or Lite just send Lightake a email and tell them to re-send u a Pre-Flashed Acekard 2i and they will understand and ship it to u right away. You will also get instructions on how to re-ship back ur old acekard 2i and they will pay shipping back if needed

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF are you complaining about Cloosker? Even Shoptemp sold AceKard 2i carts that were NOT updated to 1.4, unless you specifically requested it and paid for it. Indeed, t he Supercard DS2 I recently got from Light Take was not updated to 1.4 and I had to do it.

Stop whining.

Jason - you have no choice - you need either a DS Lite or a DSi that is not on v1.4 to updated the AceKard 2i to 1.4 firmware.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrate02 said:
WTF are you complaining about Cloosker? Even Shoptemp sold AceKard 2i carts that were NOT updated to 1.4, unless you specifically requested it and paid for it. Indeed, t he Supercard DS2 I recently got from Light Take was not updated to 1.4 and I had to do it.

Stop whining.

Jason - you have no choice - you need either a DS Lite or a DSi that is not on v1.4 to updated the AceKard 2i to 1.4 firmware.

ya ur right too 0_o

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pyrate02 said:
WTF are you complaining about Cloosker? Even Shoptemp sold AceKard 2i carts that were NOT updated to 1.4, unless you specifically requested it and paid for it.

You could order the cards preflashed at Shoptemp and you got them preflashed.

You order preflashed cards at Lightake and don't get them preflashed.

That's what I'm complaining about.

Is that really difficult to understand?

JasonK94Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to do my best to find a DS Lite. My kids think that one of their friends has one. An older white one. I'll be able to see it sometime this week hopefully.

JasonK94Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
If you have a flashcart that already works on your DSi, then put the update file that says DSL on it, run it, and it will prompt you to put your Acekard in. Viola.

I have nothing. I am starting from scratch here.

Posts merged

I have the DS Lite in hand right now. I put the file ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds on the root of the sd card, the sd card in the acekard 2i, and the acekard 2i into the slot on the back of the ds lite. turned the ds lite on, chose the acekard symbol, and I end up with "System File is Missing".

What the heck?

So I tried extracting the 141up.rar file to the sd card, and also the AKAIO.1.8.5 file also. When I start up the acekard it then gives me a screen that says "akmenu4.nds not found". Its in there! I swear! Maybe it is this Dane-Elec sd card???

Just tried AKAIO.1.8.5a and ak2ifw_update_141 both extracted to the sd card. Now it says "the skin Adv.EvoR can't be found Adv.EvoR couldn't be found either Please delete globalsettings.ini and restore Adv.EvoR theme."

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JasonK94Z said:
I have the DS Lite in hand right now. I put the file ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds on the root of the sd card, the sd card in the acekard 2i, and the acekard 2i into the slot on the back of the ds lite. turned the ds lite on, chose the acekard symbol, and I end up with "System File is Missing".

What the heck?

So I tried extracting the 141up.rar file to the sd card, and also the AKAIO.1.8.5 file also. When I start up the acekard it then gives me a screen that says "akmenu4.nds not found". Its in there! I swear! Maybe it is this Dane-Elec sd card???

Copy the AKAIO 1.8.5 files and the akmenu4.nds onto your Acekard. Doesn't work? Use 1.8.5a

Place ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds on the root of the SD card flash it, done.

JasonK94Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried AKAIO.1.8.5a, which has akmenu4.nds, and ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds both extracted to the sd card.
Now it says "the skin Adv.EvoR can't be found Adv.EvoR couldn't be found either Please delete globalsettings.ini and restore Adv.EvoR theme."

JasonK94Z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok twiztidsinz, it worked. But, I loaded files and I am now looking at Akaio Release 1.8.5 menu. I highlight MicroSD Card, and hit start on the bottom right hand corner, then get a menu. Not seeing an option to chose and run the update file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sodiumchickentirade