Evo.lve

All that you could be.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please note that this is simply a collection of all the information gathered from GBATemp and the Acekard forums.

How to set up your Acekard 2i to work with DSi 1.4.1

• microSD card and reader
  • Acekard 2i
  • DS Phat OR DS Lite OR DSi under 1.4
  • Internet connection

Step 1
Making Sure It's Not A Clone
Before you do anything in this guide, please confirm that your Acekard 2i is a genuine Acekard and not a clone or fake.
You can do this by reading this article on the AKAIO forums.

Step 2
Downloading the firmware fix released by Team Acekard
Please note that this fix has nothing to do with AKAIO!
If you do not have a DS Phat (original DS), a DS Lite, or a DSi under 1.4, obtain one now.

This is extremely important!!!!!!
Place the file (unzipped) downloaded here onto the root of your microSD card, along with the latest version of AKAIO, downloaded here. Place the microSD card into your Acekard and place it into one of the DS versions mentioned earlier.

Note: There has been speculation (if you could call it that) of a firmware update to be run on a DSLite. I used the one linked here, and it worked fine, so I'm not sure, you can look at other posts if need be.

The file linked contains two files, one for running on an un-updated DSi and one for running on a DS Lite/Phat. Running the incorrect one can brick your cart, and this was backed up by Team Acekard.

Step 3

Running the fix
Note: If no firmware fix is applied, the icon for the Acekard is Acekard2i, and you will see this when you boot up the DS.
Important: If the 1.4 firmware fix is applied, it will show Danny Phantom.
If the 1.4.1 firmware fix is applied, it will show Alex Rider.

Run the .nds file that came with the .zip package (that you unzipped, of course) on the Acekard. It will give some warning about how there is a very small chance of it bricking your cart.
If this DOES brick your cart, do not blame me.
Continue the process and follow the instructions given.

If there is any misleading or incorrect information in the guide, feel free to PM me.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you might want to add that the file from acekard (and mirrored on filetrip) has two files. one is for running it on a dsi that hasn't been firmware updated and one is for running it on a ds lite. i read once that running the wrong file can brick the card (and then running the correct one "should" fix it).

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
you might want to add that the file from acekard (and mirrored on filetrip) has two files. one is for running it on a dsi that hasn't been firmware updated and one is for running it on a ds lite. i read once that running the wrong file can brick the card (and then running the correct one "should" fix it).

-another world
A). No such thing as a "dsi lite" Either it disappeared or I made a mistake (ZOMG!!!! teh perfekt wun maed a misake!!!)
B). No. Running the DSi version on a DS Lite/'Phat' will not brick it (I've flashed my AK2i about 30 times combined with the 1.4 and 1.4.1 update on a DS 'Phat'), running the DSl version on DSi won't flash due to the DSi not allowing the cart to be swapped and continue running. You seem to hear a lot of things that can't be substantiated.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
twiztidsinz said:
You seem to hear a lot of things that can't be substantiated.

to be nice i'll ask for examples.

to be honest i'll add the following:
thanks for being so helpful. your comments are right on point, always help, and never belittle the original poster. great job!

thank GOD you never make mistakes! if you did then perhaps you wouldn't know how else to act on the forums.

must be nice to have so much free time.

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
twiztidsinz said:
You seem to hear a lot of things that can't be substantiated.

thanks for being so helpful. your comments are right on point, always help, and never belittle the original poster. great job!

thank GOD you never make mistakes! if you did then perhaps you wouldn't know how else to act on the forums.

-another world
Please, explain to me where I've said that I was never wrong...
I make my fair share of mistakes, and will own up or correct myself, but making mistakes =/= reiterating something that cannot be substantiated as fact without any proof.
And as I said, I've noticed you seem to do that a lot. I've commented and asked for sources, but they go ignored.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
again i ask for examples.

regardless of what bricks or what doesn't brick, team acekard said from the beginning to run the ds lite file on the lite and the dsi file on the dsi (hence the reason for two different files). my information is "speculation" in your eyes yet fact remains that this is what i was told, and as a result this is the information i passed on.

-another world

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
Megabump!

Site & Scene News