Hacking Acekard 2i Freezes

pullmulder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all,

I've recently bought DSi (EU) and Acekard 2i + SanDisk 8GB Class 6.
Have lots of games on it, but been having freezing issues in New Super Mario Bros. The game simply randomly freezes on different levels, not on a specific point.

I am not sure, but i think if i pressure the back of the console while playing, this issue comes up. So, this could be some card contacts issue.

The thing is with other games i havent had problems, mainly because i've been playing Mario the most, i guess...

This had happened 3 times today, then i formatted my SD card and uploaded only New Super Mario again on it, been playing for a while and it looks ok so far, but i'm not sure it'll keep going like this.

Have anyone experiencied this kind of issue? As all my gear is new, so i would like to know if it's hardware-related or not and then send back the devices if necessary.

Any advice would help.

Thanks.

tpretz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i also have the same issue, i purchaced a dsi, acekard 2i and 8GB Class 6 sdhc card.
i first noticed the issue in new super mario brothers however i also have the same problem in other programs/games.
in my case i believe the problem is contact of the acekard and the dsi as when the card is inserted it can still move a little.
when running any program to simulate a freeze all i need to do is tap anywhere near the back of the console and it will freeze up.
after i reset sometimes the acekard is not recognized on the dsi menu until i reposition it in the slot.

It is a pain especially on a game which u can only save at set points.

I have emailed the shop where i purchaced the acekard detailing the issue (sent yesterday) and i am awaiting the reply to that (some place called xpertron.co.uk).
Also a friend of mine has both a dsi and acekard 2i on order and when they arrive ill see how his work and test my card/console with his card/console).

I am pretty convinced its a hardware issue as the acekard freezes even when just on menu and the console is tapped (or some movement near card), but i have tried both the acekard official firmware and the akaio firmware.

As for a concreate solution i dont really have one, but when i have more infomation ill post it.

tpretz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing, while waiting for tech support i am trying the paper/tape trick as found on other forum posts, basicly just putting some tape on the label side of the card just to make it a bit thicker (not too thick as to get stuck but enuf to make it fit tightly) and so far (well about 5 mins of testing lol) it seems ok but ofcourse its not a great solution but for now it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Is that why you're posting a lot of food on your profile?