Hacking Acekard 2i doesn't boot

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know, I got a similar problem.
My Ak2i does boot & work fine with my DS Phat, but when trying to boot it with the DSi it just gives a blank icon. If I click on that icon, it gives a system error.
Apparently this is a manufacturing issue, and afaik there's no way to fix it. Just get a RMA.
I got my Acekard from DX, and it was HW81. But then, many other people bought their carts about the same time and got no problems at all. So this error is probably just a result of the Ak-team having cheap chinese kid-workers soldering their carts together.
~BlackNeedle

Nojoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my Acekard 2i shortly after the DSi's release. It worked great for about 3 weeks, then had the same exact problem. After researching it a bit I found out that many of the first batch that went through production had the same issue. There's now a v. 2.1 that's out, it supposedly fixes this problem.
I was fortunate enough to purchase mine through Kick Gaming (I've always had great service there) and it's still under the 90 day warranty. I wouldn't hesitate to contact your distributor and, this is important, calmly and politely explain the situation. Provide links to the forum posts describing the problems. A good retailer will be happy to work with you on resolving the issue. A few weeks without it is disappointing, but it's better than what you have now.
As far as my experience with the Acekard 2i itself... Prior to the defect, it worked great. It ran everything I threw at it, including Comicbook DS, and the most recent Moonshell. I was using the most recent AKAIO software just fine. When I get my replacement in and if the contact issue is resolved, I would definitely recommend the product. Just be sure that the one you buy is the proper version. (Again, Kick Gaming actually lists the version number on their order page, another reason I prefer them. They are also a supporter of this website, and that's always a plus.)

/not a KG shill, just a satisfied customer

jmacattack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blythe31 said:
I have a similar problem. I just got mine today and it wont boot up. I have the latest loaders and AKAIO proper running on a class 4 kingston 8gb.
On my DSL it doesn't show there being an AK2i in slot1 but it's blank and let's me click on it. When I do, I get two white screens that don't do anything. I just tried the paper thing. What other things can I do?

I just got it from topdepots.com, so i'd prefer not to send it back since their shipping takes so long to get here, and i'd hate to wait another 2 weeks for a new card to come.

I'm having the same problem! I just made a post about it today because I have been searching forums and couldn't find any answers. At least now I know I'm not the only one having this problem.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.
smile.gif

well.. i mean that in a good way. haha. It sucks gamers are suffering from sloppy manufacturing.
anyways.. unless there is a clear solution, I suppose i'll be requesting an RMA with my retailer. TopDepots.com is Hong Kong based, so I suppose the process will take nerve-wreckingly long with the replacement, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Spartan A24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulfire said:
anaxs said:
most complains like these, peopel are sayin that they got it from deal extreme....therre might be a reason why they sell them so cheap. their mostly bbroken if u get it from there...get it from a diff web but for sure...urs is broken

jep the acekard2 i compared to other cards is not the best choice

but i have to do with it till m3 real i comes
tongue.gif
I don't think you understand what he was saying, he was saying DX was cheap, not the AK2i

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
I to am having the same problem, on my DS Lite, it comes up with two white screens, and with my DSi, it comes up with two black screens.

I am in the process of convincing the supplier that I know what I am doing and that it is faulty
smile.gif

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF your DSi is not set to English you will encounter a problem with 2 white/black screens I believe. On google look up acekard2i language fix or go to acekard.com and download the language fix file. Do what instruction says and it should work.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
My DSi is set to English, and as it doesnt even work on a DS Lite, I would not be able to use the language fix anyway. The supplier has agreed to replace it so I have sent it back, hopefully I shall get a new one fairly quickly as it was a UK supplier.

maqguy95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought an Acekard 2i for my dsi. i accidently updated the system to 1.4U and learned that the aK2i didnt work. i downloaded the patch 2 weeks later and now my systems dont event know that its in the slot and my computer ignores it.
any tips
ps i bought it from dealextreme

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
anaxs said:
just dont buy it from dealextreme

i reccommend u buy from leetmod.com
their products are great and never gave a problem to me
You make no sense.

DealExtreme supply the same Acekard as leetmod would, so how are leetmods products better when they're just a distributor, not a manufactor?

Freaking DX haters.

cmdixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought 3 acekard 2i's from Dealextreme not too long ago. 1 of them works great, the other 2 have this intermittent problem. I've bought from dx several times and haven't had any problems, so I really don't think it's a problem with them. Sounds like it's a problem with the card. I've bought many TTDS cards from them and haven't had a single problem. I don't think it has anything to do with my sd card or the files on it - the ds and the dsi typically recognize the card even when the sd card isn't inserted.

I guess I'll get in touch with dx and see if they'll exchange my 2 bad cards. Oh, I tried the paper/card trick and that did not solve the problem for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...