Acekard 2i doesn't boot after update

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by GenericGirlName, Jun 12, 2012.

Jun 12, 2012
  1. GenericGirlName
    OP

Newcomer GenericGirlName Member

United States
    I used my DSi (1.4.3) to update my acekard 2i. I booted up the update .nds file, pressed start, it loaded all the way, and told me to reboot. Then I updated Akaio and neither of my DSs can boot the flashkart (3DS 4.1.0-8U, DSi 1.4.3). The 3DS shows the ak2i logo with the website under it, the DSi shows a blank kart, both don't load.

So I'm pretty sure the problem was that the update somehow didn't work? But I didn't check the flashkart after the update, I just went and changed the firmware, so I can't be sure if its akaio, though i doubt it. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah sounds like the update didn't apply fully.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader
    You'll want to use the "updating multiple carts" option, by starting the update in another flash cart and then putting the messed-up AK2i in so the update re-applies to it.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    If that doesnt work, try downloading the files from the official AKAIO site and manually adding the new stuff.

4. GenericGirlName
    OP

Newcomer GenericGirlName Member

United States
    Oh. Well, since I don't happen to have another acekard, and I cant find my DSlite, I guess this is a bust >_>;

I don't understand, I have been manually adding the akaio files. The problem is the firmware for the acekard itself, which I don't think can be updated in that way.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    sadly, the ak2i requires you to flash a large bootloader which contains an icon for a legit game and a bit of data for the same game. both are used to spoof the first 2 checks of the dsi/3ds in ds-mode. there is no other way to flash a bootloader update than the steps outlined in the article rydian linked to.

some users have found a friend to help them out. perhaps you know someone with a ds lite and a flash card. it should only take about 1 minute to complete, so you wouldn't be inconveniencing anyone.

some of the newer designed flash kits (like the ds two) can often be updated by just dropping on a new data file. others can be reflashed using a dongle. the ak2i is strictly an old school design, and there is no way around that.

cheers,
    -another world