Hacking Acekard 2i, does it work with older systems..

TheHunted1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to buy a acekard 2i butwil it work on an old DS or will it only work on a DSi? I want to buy a new flashcard butÍ don't want to buy one without the DSi compatebility because I think I will buy a DS XL when I have the moeny for it. So will the Acekard 2i work on an old ds?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
he's not lying idiot, he was being sarcastic when he replied to that guy
If people are too lazy to search for their own answers AND want to question/doubt the answer given, screw them.
Let them think I'm a lying asshole while going through life as an uninformed idiot.

Though in his defense, sarcasm doesn't translate to text well... especially when its in a language that is not native to that person.
I had intended to add a "/sarcasm" to my post, but by the time I came back he had already replied.

TheHunted1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
scrtmstr said:
Yes it will.
You also don't need to update it. You only need to update it if you are going to use it on a DSi.

what do you mean by you dont need to update it? No need to put new filmware on it? But wont the newest games need the latest filmware?

Could you inform me more pls
laugh.gif

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
TheHunted1 said:
scrtmstr said:
Yes it will.
You also don't need to update it. You only need to update it if you are going to use it on a DSi.

what do you mean by you dont need to update it? No need to put new filmware on it? But wont the newest games need the latest filmware?

laugh.gif
No need to run the 1.4 update if your just using the card in a ds or ds lite.

TheHunted1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lukands said:
TheHunted1 said:
scrtmstr said:
Yes it will.

laugh.gif

What do you mean by update 1.4? The filmware?
unsure.gif

(Sorry for the stupid questions)
wacko.gif

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheHunted1 said:
lukands said:
TheHunted1 said:
scrtmstr said:
Yes it will.

laugh.gif

What do you mean by update 1.4? The filmware?
unsure.gif

(Sorry for the stupid questions)
wacko.gif
The DSi has an upgradable firmware. Each firmware has a different number. They started with 1.0, and they are now at 1.4. firmware V1.4 blocks the flashcards, so you're not able to play them. The people who make the flashcards, have found a way around the block, by letting the dsi think the flashcard is a game. For that to happen, you need to update the flashcard. This is the 1.4 update. The firmware on the microSD card isn't updated, it's the card itself.

got your answer right there.

Bryopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
The DSi has an upgradable firmware....This is the 1.4 update. The firmware on the microSD card isn't updated, it's the card itself.
Can you clarify this, because this is confusing to me? When I first got my aceKard and microSD, they wouldn't work on my DSi until i ran the 1.4 update. I have no problems with them. Since then I've gotten a few more aceKards, but to test them out I used that original microSD from the first aceKard and all new aceKards work fine in my DSi. I never ran the update on the new aceKards. So is the microSD updated and not the aceKard?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bryopsis said:
scrtmstr said:
The DSi has an upgradable firmware....This is the 1.4 update. The firmware on the microSD card isn't updated, it's the card itself.
Can you clarify this, because this is confusing to me? When I first got my aceKard and microSD, they wouldn't work on my DSi until i ran the 1.4 update. I have no problems with them. Since then I've gotten a few more aceKards, but to test them out I used that original microSD from the first aceKard and all new aceKards work fine in my DSi. I never ran the update on the new aceKards. So is the microSD updated and not the aceKard?
No - it could be the company you brought them off of had already updated the acekards

If you DON'T put a microSD into any of the acecards & try to start up the acekard in your DSi - Does the Danny Phantom show ?? - I bet it does... therefore the 1.4 update has done 'something' to the acekard

Bryopsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Bryopsis said:
scrtmstr said:
No - it could be the company you brought them off of had already updated the acekards

If you DON'T put a microSD into any of the acecards & try to start up the acekard in your DSi - Does the Danny Phantom show ?? - I bet it does... therefore the 1.4 update has done 'something' to the acekard

Good point--didn't think about that. I just received them from 0ShippingZone a few days ago, so they may have updated them before shipping. I'll test it tonight like you mentioned. Thanks!

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
owlpic said:
twiztidsinz said:
"i" cards will work on DS/DSL/DSi/DSiXL

Really?

Facepalm.

Posts merged

QUOTE(delvis @ Mar 18 2010, 10:49 PM)
will the dsi games works on this card ? like alice in wonderland , avatar ?

No Dsi exclusive games don't work on any flash cart because there in original Ds mode.

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
holy shit there are dsi only games??? o well DSL is still the shit.
IMO AK2i is the best cart available, cheap and does everything anyone else offers with easily the best firware (AKAIO but official firmware is still damn good). Even though I dont have a DSi these carts are better then regular AK2 cuz the are much more sturdy becuase of more solid construction (which I guess don't matter that much) and they like $2 more (where you get it depends i guess)

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sh!fT_23 said:
Bryopsis said:
Basically you put the firware on the MicroSD, which allows the AK to update from it. The AK updates itself from the firmware you have on the MicroSD. So by using the same MicroSD in the new cards, they were updated when you run them.

Nonsense. You have to manually update each Acekard.

0ShippingZone, where these were purchased from; are known to manually update each Acekard 2i to 1.4 before shipping. This is why they are able to run on a DSi 1.4 without the owner running the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay