Hacking Acekard 2i Christmas edition problem

timandemma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Received a Christmas edition from smartdsi.com which I have gotten ones before and they worked fine(not Christmas edition).

First put the Christmas edition card in a 1.3U DSI and all it said was loading...
Checked all the normal stuff, good contact, everything clean, etc....
Put one of my regular Acedkard 2i in the same Dsi and it worked fine.
I used the same micro sd in both.

I knew that the Christmas edition's were suppose to come preloaded with 1.4 firmware, so I tried in a 1.4.1U Dsi that I have and all I get is the old black screen error code. That Dsi has an Acekard 2i with the "Danny Phantom" patch and it works fine also.

I saw another thread where this was touched on, but never really resolved. Wondering if any of you have come across anything that may be able to help.

I think if I could patch the new acekard with the Danny Phantom, it would work in the 1.4.1 version Dsi. Problem is, how do I get the thing upgraded if no firmware version on any of my Dsi will read it??

Thanks for any and all help.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This Christmas box Acekard is exactly the same as the regular box Acekard.

You may just have a dud.

BTW: Danny Phantom is for 1.4 and Alex Stormrider is for 1.4.1

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Merry christmas, Christmas Acekard!
wub.gif

timandemma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1.4 dsi belongs to my buddy and he said it was 1.4.1, but I didn't check, but it does have the Danny Phantom icon on it though, instead of the normal icon.

I'm really confused, because people keep saying the Christmas edition is the same, but then I read this, "Acekard 2i X'mas Edition for DSi / DSi XL V1.4.1E/ V1.4.1 U/ V1.4.1J". Reading further it states it is updated already to the 1.4.1 firmware.

I updated one of my other dsi to 1.4.1 and no luck.

timandemma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update it though?
Only says "loading" in the 1.3 version.

Though the 1.4 and 1.4.1 version dsi give me the usual black screen error code. Which is what my buddy's did before he updated to the Danny Phantom. Problem is, if the 1.3 won't go any further than "loading" I can't update?
unsure.gif

I'm going to try another 1.3 version dsi from another buddy and see what happens.

Still open to suggestions though.

Thanks.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Etalon said:
Merry christmas, Christmas Acekard!
wub.gif

Dude come on.. if you're not going to post something related to the thread, don't post at all.

I thought it's christmas?
closedeyes.gif

"Look what Santa brought me... a +1 post-count!"

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
ShadowSoldier said:
[
Might as well just say "MERRY CHRISTMAS DSI 1.3!"

Yeah, but DSi 1.3 wasn't orange-pink and not a Christmas edition, was it? At least mine wasn't...

I'm still hoping for an Acekard Deluxe Edition, but I guess we can forget that. We'll get these Acekards for $5 from China in a few months, when nobody cares about the DS Scene anymore.

This is our last Christmas, do you realize that..?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last Christmas? Preposterous. It's laughable. Who cares about video gaming? Go do something with your life. With PharaohsVizier's banning for stating his opinion, who's to say I might end up the same? I'm leaving after this Christmas. Spent too long on here. I'm done.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
Last Christmas? Preposterous. It's laughable. Who cares about video gaming? Go do something with your life. With PharaohsVizier's banning for stating his opinion, who's to say I might end up the same? I'm leaving after this Christmas. Spent too long on here. I'm done.

What was the opinion?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's just say his opinions were those of a "Cyclo DS fanboy," and they didn't like that.

EDIT: I'm just telling things as I saw, and I might not even be here tomorrow for them. I'm really surprised that such a big voice of the scene was just banned..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their...